Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That was what they did for the jk. Hopefully the JL is more streamline. I'd imagine 2 to 3k for the doors and windows.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
But these days jeeps donā€™t have keys, do they? But rather FOBs. So maybe it is possible for Jeep to offer it as an accessory after original Jeep purchase.
Sport trims are equipped with manual door locks. Their proximity fobs do have flip-out keys, but no buttons.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
Sport trims are equipped with manual door locks. Their proximity fobs do have flip-out keys, but no buttons.
My build sheet showed up today for my Willy's Sport with Dual Door group. It's showing as power heated mirrors, power locks w/ keyless, and power windows.... It wasn't supposed to have any of that; as I specifically didn't want any of it. šŸ¤”

I'm really hoping dual door group doesn't auto spec power door equipment. That would just by silly.

Still trying to verify, but if true that dual door cost will basically also upgrade a Sport to a Sport S.... Which isn't a good thing for me. šŸ˜‘

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My build sheet showed up today for my Willy's Sport with Dual Door group. It's showing as power heated mirrors, power locks w/ keyless, and power windows.... It wasn't supposed to have any of that; as I specifically didn't want any of it. šŸ¤”

I'm really hoping dual door group doesn't auto spec power door equipment. That would just by silly.

Still trying to verify, but if true that dual door cost will basically also upgrade a Sport to a Sport S.... Which isn't a good thing for me. šŸ˜‘
As I scroll down the page for the $35K Willy's Sport on Jeep's 2021 web configuration tool, that particular vehicle is indeed pictured with manual windows on the full doors. The [separate] $39K Willy's trim does have power windows evident on the full doors.

I wonder if you discovered a bug, or auto spec as you mention, whereby if the Dual Door group is added to the order, an upgrade/upcharge is applied to the build. What does your paperwork say concerning pricing? This might require a prompt call to the dealership to reconcile.

I should clarify: when I mentioned the Sport trim, I meant just that: the $33K four door JLU so named.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
As I scroll down the page for the $35K Willy's Sport on Jeep's 2021 web configuration tool, that particular vehicle is indeed pictured with manual windows on the full doors. The [separate] $39K Willy's trim does have power windows evident on the full doors.

I wonder if you discovered a bug, or auto spec as you mention, whereby if the Dual Door group is added to the order, an upgrade/upcharge is applied to the build. What does your paperwork say concerning pricing? This might require a prompt call to the dealership to reconcile.

I should clarify: when I mentioned the Sport trim, I meant just that: the $33K four door JLU so named.
My pricing was for the Willy's Sport. Total MSRP on my pricing sheet was $34,900. Only options on a base sport were Willy's, Trailer Tow, and Dual Doors.

I've already contacted the dealer. Looking into it.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
This is crap. Jeep has been slow rolling all the accessories they announced in 2017 when they rolled out the JL.

Now after close to 4 years they release half doors and yet you still canā€™t buy them without buying a new Jeep.

Iā€™m getting close to being done with them. Iā€™ve got my JLU Rubicon and it may very well be the last one I get...was thinking of a 2-door sport s. Plus given their track record there wonā€™t be any changes to this model for like 10 years. Changes/refreshes require investments and right now Jeep is content with collecting as much profit as they can with the JL.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Plus given their track record there wonā€™t be any changes to this model for like 10 years.
That's a feature, not a bug.

The attraction of the Wrangler is its consistency. The aesthetic makes plain that it doesn't chase change for the sake of change.

Consumers who want recurring refreshes, the so-called latest & greatest, are spolied for choice. Every other OEM is doing it. The Jeep needn't blindly follow that trend, and they don't.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Man. What's with the fugly windows on those uppers? I hope that's not the production model. The curved tops look like they were designed in the '50s.
Those with the dual plastic window on the fronts looks like shit. Keep it simple Jeep look at the windows you have had in the past one simple large plastic upper.

5B2A5B18-742E-48D3-AC14-BA8AF3E5A8D9.jpeg

6D716364-7A0A-4769-A236-EE3DE1470CCB.jpeg

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
An issue with the jk version was folded down the window got trapped between the door and dash. It could warp the window.

That line is probably where the window would meet the dash

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Has anyone that ordered half doors even heard anything yet?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone that ordered half doors even heard anything yet?
Yep, here is the email I got from FCA on December 22nd:

"First, I would like to say congratulations on ordering your all new Ram 2500s (VINs MG503741 & MG503742).

My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process.

At this present time, your vehicle orders are both progressing through the shipping network with an estimated delivery window reflecting 12/28/2020 - 01/11/2021.

I will continue to monitor your order for additional delivery updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you soon. I have set my next scheduled followup with you for January 5th at the absolute latest, but will reach out to you further as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order.

Thank you for your loyalty and weā€™re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family! "

#Facepalm :facepalm:

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Wow, have you heard anything after that?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Sure, we got the fact that I ordered a Wrangler and not two (!!!) Ram trucks straightened out. I just thought it was humorous enough to share. I still don't have a delivery date, but it's built and I'm pretty sure they're sorting out the half doors.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Good luck! I ran into waiting with mine too :(
Sponsored