Sponsored

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
Updated February 25, 2021 with official release and photos:

New Doors Open for Jeep® Wrangler; Jeep Performance Parts Teams With Mopar to Introduce Dual-Door Group That Includes New Half Doors to Further Enhance Open-air Experience
  • New half doors and choice of upper-window assemblies are available as part of new Jeep® Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory option
  • New Dual-Door Group available now for two- and four-door models of Jeep Wrangler Sport, Rubicon; Sahara, Rubicon 392 and 4xe (available this spring)
February 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - For passionate Jeep® owners who crave even more of the ultimate open-air experience, Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) from Mopar is introducing new half doors for the iconic Jeep Wrangler.

“The open-air freedom of driving the Jeep Wrangler is a one-of-a-kind experience,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “Now with the latest Dual-Door Group factory offering from Mopar and its full catalog of authentic Jeep Performance Parts, our active-lifestyle enthusiasts can easily push the open-air envelope further.”

“We offer more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care. “With the addition of new factory-engineered half doors for the legendary Jeep Wrangler, we continue to expand our comprehensive off-road catalog.”

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group features half doors
Engineered, tested and backed by the factory, the new half-door option enhances the Jeep Wrangler driving experience with production styling, security and occupant protection. With lower window ledges, new half doors provide improved visibility while maneuvering on and off road.

Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase in the U.S. and Canada, the new Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the vehicle while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle.

With production-level materials and build quality, new half doors are designed to work when equipped with any of the following features: power mirrors, blind-spot detection, passive and non-passive entry handles, and power locks. A quick and easy swap from full doors to half doors can be accomplished within minutes using the existing hinge locations and the exact same wiring connections.

Upper-window assemblies
New upper-window assemblies create a weather-tight seal and feature zippered plastic windows for quick, easy removal. Two materials are offered for the assemblies: base-model vinyl that matches the production soft-top roof or premium acrylic that matches the premium soft-top roof.

Each upper-door frame section uses an easy, tool-free, dual-guide post feature for easy installation and removal.

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory-option pricing (U.S.), which includes factory full doors and new half doors:

Dual-Door Group with base-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJB:
  • two-door: $2,350
  • four-door: $3,995
Dual-Door Group with premium-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJS:
  • two-door: $2,550
  • four-door: $4,395
Warranty coverage for each Dual-Door Group option is included as part of the new-vehicle warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 6
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 5
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 4
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 3
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 2
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL half doors interior - factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 1

Updated October 9: first real life look at : https://www.motor1.com/news/448542/jeep-wrangler-jl-half-doors-spied/

Look what I found - half doors!!! This appeared yesterday.

"Dual Door Group w/ Base Uppers"
"Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers"

* The prices are for the 4 door..........so for 4k you get 2 sets of doors factory painted to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Pricing Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
5 weeks too late for my 9/3 order. At $3.6K or $4K, though, I'd have needed a good Think before saying Yes...and since the picture shows the two door, how much more for the Unlimited (if available?)

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
that cost is for the 4 door..........so for 4k you get 2 sets of doors factory painted to match
Thanks for confirming.

All Unlimiteds include full doors as standard. Concerning the new half doors, I'd be curious to know the eventual/annual rate of adoption. I'd agree with Mopar's presumed forecast here; namely, that there's going to be no shortage of buyers willing to pay up to one grand, net, per half door and soft window. I'm certainly interested in them. More to the point, do we see a future where the buyer can choose/order half or full doors*, and not be penalized by having to choose (and pay for) eight doors instead of four?

*As was the case when I purchased a new YJ.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
There are more and more reasons I want to upgrade my 2019 to a new model and this is certainly one of those. Awesome!

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Let's see... a diesel engine or 4 half doors? Maybe a PHEV or 4 half doors?

I think the body-colored half doors with a OEM completed interior finish would be exceptionally elegant. It would be a Chris Craft amongst Jeeps. Very cool.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I know that people love half doors. Having never had them, I guess that I just don’t get it:

what is the difference between a “half door” and a “regular door with the window rolled down“???

I’m serious. I’m a newbie and I don’t “get it”.....

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Look what I found - half doors!!! This appeared yesterday.

"Dual Door Group w/ Base Uppers"
"Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers"

* The prices are for the 4 door..........so for 4k you get 2 sets of doors factory painted to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers

You bring all the good news to the forum. First the TSB and now this :like:
Sponsored