Half Doors and Aftermarket Soft Top?

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
Hey guys- I'm in the throws of trying to lock down a 392. Almost all in transit or on losts have the one touch roof which (IMHO) is a sin for a jeep.

It seems that all the 392s with half doors are either just hard tops or one touch- no dual tops, and not configuarble on the builder (If anyone still could order)

So....Im imagining there is no reason a standard aftermarket soft top wouldnt work with the half doors? Besttop Etc? Obviously I want the half doors for use with the top fully down rather than in the winter (except maybe for better vis while offroading with kids when the wife says DOORS ON!
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Contact Besttop and see what they say and report back here.

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the sky one touch on my last wrangler and really disliked it (I know I'm in the minority).

That said, my incoming 392 has just the hardtop and I plan to pick up a soft top as well. Any soft top that fits a JLU will work on the 392.

Sponsored

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
It's not configurable because the second set of doors and the dual tops won't fit inside the Jeep when they ship it. either option takes up the 2nd row + entire cargo area.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
We went with the Bestop Sunrider soft top. Easy install and love the simplicity of opening and closing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors and Aftermarket Soft Top? IMG_3351

Looks nice! I’ve been thinking about one of those lately, especially since I figured out the hard way that there isn’t enough room in the back to lay both freedom panels down without stacking them, when I’m not at home but I’ve got the munchkins with me in the back seats. (which I wasn’t comfortable doing since mine are painted gloss black.)

Do they make removal of the hard top more difficult once they’re installed?

RivaDriver

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Looks nice! I’ve been thinking about one of those lately, especially since I figured out the hard way that there isn’t enough room in the back to lay both freedom panels down without stacking them, when I’m not at home but I’ve got the munchkins with me in the back seats. (which I wasn’t comfortable doing since mine are painted gloss black.)

Good question. I have not attempted to remove the hardtop with the Sunrider installed. There is a bracket that secures the Sunrider top to the hardtop. This would need to be removed. Not sure if the bracket can be reinstalled without the hardtop. See photo below. If the Bestop team is following this thread perhaps they can weigh in on the use of the Sunrider top without the hardtop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors and Aftermarket Soft Top? IMG_3359

rjezonie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392

Yes, that’s the only downside. My 392 is staying hard top to be removed with my half doors!

9CDAC0EE-D784-4AEB-8D03-6F7EBF52067E.jpeg

Sloane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I just took delivery of a 392 in snazzberry with the dual doors anyone interested in the half doors?
Sponsored