Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Explain to me the appeal of the half door. I considered it with my order, but to me it seemed too much like the original door. Plus with the ability to remove doors entirely, add relatively inexpensive tube doors or mesh doors... what made you opt for the half door option?
Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
With half doors, you can be out and about with the uppers pulled and the top down. When a local thunderstorm pops up, you can throw in the uppers, pull up the top and be safe from getting a soaking. It's a more open experience than just the doors with the windows down, and you don't have to be fearful of gray clouds.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Supplemental to Abe's salient points, the aesthetic of a Wrangler with proper half doors and the top lowered or removed looks correct to many owners.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
With half doors, you can be out and about with the uppers pulled and the top down. When a local thunderstorm pops up, you can throw in the uppers, pull up the top and be safe from getting a soaking. It's a more open experience than just the doors with the windows down, and you don't have to be fearful of gray clouds.
See! I knew there was something I was missing. 👍

Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That's a 10 page thread, mate. They are us. ;)
Maybe. But they are you a month ago. Think of how much you've matured since then. How much more wisdom you have to bring to question. :)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Maybe. But they are you a month ago. Think of how much you've matured since then. How much more wisdom you have to bring to question. :)
Dammit, man, don't ask me to bring wisdom with me. 🤔

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Well, you shoulda ordered them and sold em if you didn't want em .

But you woulda wanted em. And now you're gonna regret it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Oooooh… ok. I get it now…

When I read the thread title initially, I thought you were calling half door fans the “a-word.” Because I was gonna say…! 😳 :LOL:

Last edited:

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Explain to me the appeal of the half door. I considered it with my order, but to me it seemed too much like the original door. Plus with the ability to remove doors entirely, add relatively inexpensive tube doors or mesh doors... what made you opt for the half door option?
Many purists prefer half doors because they are reminiscent of the way Jeeps used to be configured before (and even after) A/C was first offered. It is a much more classic style that is rarely seen in other vehicles and looks "right" to many of us who grew up driving much earlier models. As stated previously, it is also more functional because it allows for three configurations: upper and lower installed, lower only installed, and door removed. Frankly, I've never been thrilled with full doors, although they do have their pros and cons....and tubular half-doors are even worse IMHO.

Been desperately looking for a set of two factory half doors in my local area, and would snatch them up in a second if available in Sting Gray. The wait continues....

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a set for my 2018 from FB marketplace last year. Hated them so much I ordered a set with my 22 lol. Oh, and the other set sold in half a day once my new ride was delivered.

Ketamingo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Accord. 2023 JLUR XR HVY ordered 6/25.
Matured since then?

Since post #27 I found a coworker who thought she'd bought some special limited edition but it actually looks like she bought a cancelled factory order Willys. It happened to have half doors which she doesn't care for and she is sick of the boxes in her garage. I offered to buy them and told her what they go for and to check these forums before she sets the price. She's wants them gone so I'm getting a nice deal.

Before anyone asks I'm not giving you any more info so you can't steal them from me.
Sponsored