Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I agree that the lowers alone are a good look on a Jeep. I wouldn’t mind going the tube door route at some point. No dogs to worry about losing on a turn. :)

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I agree that the lowers alone are a good look on a Jeep. I wouldn’t mind going the tube door route at some point. No dogs to worry about losing on a turn. :)
I actually like the look of the uppers and the soft top together as well when I do have to button things up. The uppers were straight out of the box in this pic so they're now equaled out in color (dirty-ish😂) to the premium twill of the TrekTop.

I've gotten used to the zippered windows. It feels like I'm camping all the time now. 🤣

Jeep Wrangler JL Half door fans... a word. PXL_20220612_000205777

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Ill tell you what, to credit what people have said, for me it was a necessity because the wife said no and h@!! no to driving doorless with the kids in the vehicle till the get older. So we have half doors. I daily my Jeep. When I leave in the morning for work, I remove uppers, and throw the soft top into the sunrider. Then, if it rains (and this is Georgia, so it is going to rain no matter what always during the summer) I button it up. Then when I leave I open everything back up and acruise home. I have found that it is incredibly simple, my Jeep doesn't get rained on, and my wife and the kids are happy. Plus, the arm position on the half doors is perfect for cruising.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
They're even better on a 4 door because the rear door really open up the back, as compared to the full doors which chop it up.

Half Doors = better Chi.
You‘re 100% right for the hardtop folks. However, for us soft toppers, we lose the “open” effect due to the fugly soft top rails/ C pillar. But . . . now that I’ve started taking my soft top completely off, I have a renewed interest in some half doors instead of my current (and much cheaper) tube door setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half door fans... a word. 360C623C-9301-4A3A-BAE9-21AD3346F9B7

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
While we're on this topic, can someone explain what 'premium' uppers are? Are there non-premium uppers?

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
While we're on this topic, can someone explain what 'premium' uppers are? Are there non-premium uppers?
Yes, they are the same twill material as the premium soft tops from Mopar and Bestop. The regular uppers match the base sailcloth soft tops.

Sponsored

JLJeepn

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

One of my favorite things about the factory half doors other than the look is the quality. Solid light weight doors in and out with the original looking mirrors, door handles, interior, and lines....a factory flow much like the full doors. My other opinions are in the last half door topic post. Ride em if U got em! Happy Jeepn🤘
Jeep Wrangler JL Half door fans... a word. 20220815_134059
Jeep Wrangler JL Half door fans... a word. 20220815_134113
Jeep Wrangler JL Half door fans... a word. 20220815_134138 (2)

Last edited:

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Explain to me the appeal of the half door. I considered it with my order, but to me it seemed too much like the original door. Plus with the ability to remove doors entirely, add relatively inexpensive tube doors or mesh doors... what made you opt for the half door option?
For me I'll reiterate what others have said. Mainly looks. The lines of the half door are more appealing to me, especially with the top down.

BUT, also for sentimental reasons. My YJ had half doors. So "real" jeeps should always have half doors.

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
I like the look and idea of half doors.. I don't like the $5,000 - $6,000+ price tag people ask for them.

Here's to hoping Bestop makes their Core Doors for the JL.

Reactions: RZ.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
When you put the half doors on and take them off, do you need to use a special torque wrench bought separately or just use the wrench kit that came with the Jeep? Thanks
Sponsored