First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
That color combo with those wheels is the best looking sport I have seen so far. Adding the Rubicon rails looks so much better than the Sahara steps. The LED's look great but does the standard head lights appear better than the JK OEM?

One of my first things I did on my old JKU sport was to call around local katzkins installer and for $750 leather and heated seats for all 4 seats out the door.

Dealer wanted $2000
Wow that’s a great deal! I never had a JK so I can’t really speak to the OEM Halogens being better, however they are fine for me for now and I’m already seeing aftermarket LED kits coming out.
Sponsored

Jcaron9gt4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WRX | 2018 JLU Sport S 6 Speed
Unfortunately it’s not the full cold weather package so it doesn’t include the heated steering wheel which I think would be a lot more complicated to add. They actually added buttons in the center stack but it is super clean and looks almost factory. I’ll try to take a picture in a bit.
Thanks, that'd be nice to see how it was done after the fact at a dealer. Nice color combo by the way with the wheels, same one I'm picking up tomorrow!

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Yes it's the Sport S! Personally wasn't a huge fan of the Sahara wheels etc. considering I will be off-roading some in this. The way I see it is this:

Sport - Someone who wants to customize and make it their own and would prefer to spend $$ on more off-road upgrades and customization vs luxury features.
Sahara - Someone who is maybe transitioning from a more luxury vehicle and wants a wrangler but without sacrificing the creature comforts. May not even ever drive it off road, not to say that the Sahara is not plenty capable.
Rubicon - Best factory off-road vehicle on the planet. Still plenty of room for customization of course, but requires less upgrades than the sport to immediately take it out and start crawling rocks etc.

Sorry, almost forgot to answer your questions!
1. The stock headlights are totally fine and I have even done some light off-roading at night with the high beams on with no visibility issues. LEDs certainly look more modern and techy, but half of the beauty of a wrangler is it's classic styling. I think this really comes down to personal preference, if you are the type who really loves the look of LEDs then go for it!
2. The cloth seats are actually awesome! Awesome enough that during the past week while waiting for my leather to come in I have wondered several times if I should change my mind and stick with them. They seem really high quality and that they will hold up for a long time. Ultimately I stuck with my decision on the leather for one reason: DOG HAIR. Leather is much easier to clean hair off of than cloth, and I learned this the hard way with my first Grand Cherokee.
This post/thread makes me so happy! I’m (im)patiently waiting for a two door Sport S with cloth seats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
This post/thread makes me so happy! I’m (im)patiently waiting for a two door Sport S with cloth seats.
I’m so glad! And congrats! What color did you get? :)

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Out of curiosity, why didn't you order leather and/or cold package?
I actually picked this one up off a lot, I just got really lucky because it had 90% of the options I wanted and my color combo and was being pulled off the truck when I showed up. If I had ordered I would have gotten the cold weather package for sure, but I do live in SC so the heated seats are a bonus not really necessary. Also Leather is not a factory option on the Sport.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
F
I’m so glad! And congrats! What color did you get? :)
Firecracker red, loaded with everything but towing (won’t do it), smoking (ick) & lights (I’ll get aftermarket). It was quite the debate for me to choose two or four door, but I went with my heart & had to do two.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I actually picked this one up off a lot, I just got really lucky because it had 90% of the options I wanted and my color combo and was being pulled off the truck when I showed up. If I had ordered I would have gotten the cold weather package for sure, but I do live in SC so the heated seats are a bonus not really necessary. Also Leather is not a factory option on the Sport.
I thought it might have been because you have the gray dash instead of the red dash. Gray dash with black leather... very nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
F

Firecracker red, loaded with everything but towing (won’t do it), smoking (ick) & lights (I’ll get aftermarket). It was quite the debate for me to choose two or four door, but I went with my heart & had to do two.
So awesome! I mentioned yesterday on another post that I have never owned a red car and I have never been a big red guy but DAYUM if that Firecracker isn't the best looking red I have ever seen in my life haha. And hey you gotta go with your heart! I didn't get towing (also won't use it), smokers (also yuck) or lights (aftermarket duh) so two great minds!

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
I thought it might have been because you have the gray dash instead of the red dash. Gray dash with black leather... very nice.
Thanks! Yeah the red dash is only available on the Rubicon trim.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
So awesome! I mentioned yesterday on another post that I have never owned a red car and I have never been a big red guy but DAYUM if that Firecracker isn't the best looking red I have ever seen in my life haha. And hey you gotta go with your heart! I didn't get towing (also won't use it), smokers (also yuck) or lights (aftermarket duh) so two great minds!
I had a red car & I loved her!! Vida (she’s already named) will be the smallest vehicle I’ve had in over a decade, after four door sedans for a while. I leased the last two, because it made sense at the time. Now it’s time to buy & I’m ready to ditch the extra “just in case” room I never use & the gas mileage, since I rarely drive anyway! Bring on the Jeep I’ve always wanted!! :jk:

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
I had a red car & I loved her!! Vida (she’s already named) will be the smallest vehicle I’ve had in over a decade, after four door sedans for a while. I leased the last two, because it made sense at the time. Now it’s time to buy & I’m ready to ditch the extra “just in case” room I never use & the gas mileage, since I rarely drive anyway! Bring on the Jeep I’ve always wanted!! :jk:
Heck yeah!!

jeepinoutwest

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport, 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere
F

You'll be happy you waited for the two door! Remember you can add 285/70/17s (33s) without a lift. My tire dealer even took my new factory tires in trade. In going with cooper STTs on mine.
Sponsored