Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Joe,

Is that a Sport? My local dealer has gone Sahara crazy on their inventory orders so curious on the Sport:

1) how are the stock (non LED) headlights?
2) how are the cloth seats?
Yes it's the Sport S! Personally wasn't a huge fan of the Sahara wheels etc. considering I will be off-roading some in this. The way I see it is this:

Sport - Someone who wants to customize and make it their own and would prefer to spend $$ on more off-road upgrades and customization vs luxury features.
Sahara - Someone who is maybe transitioning from a more luxury vehicle and wants a wrangler but without sacrificing the creature comforts. May not even ever drive it off road, not to say that the Sahara is not plenty capable.
Rubicon - Best factory off-road vehicle on the planet. Still plenty of room for customization of course, but requires less upgrades than the sport to immediately take it out and start crawling rocks etc.

Sorry, almost forgot to answer your questions!
1. The stock headlights are totally fine and I have even done some light off-roading at night with the high beams on with no visibility issues. LEDs certainly look more modern and techy, but half of the beauty of a wrangler is it's classic styling. I think this really comes down to personal preference, if you are the type who really loves the look of LEDs then go for it!
2. The cloth seats are actually awesome! Awesome enough that during the past week while waiting for my leather to come in I have wondered several times if I should change my mind and stick with them. They seem really high quality and that they will hold up for a long time. Ultimately I stuck with my decision on the leather for one reason: DOG HAIR. Leather is much easier to clean hair off of than cloth, and I learned this the hard way with my first Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Awesome, thanks! Did you already have the heated cloth seats with cold weather package or are they adding heat now? I'm looking to upgrade to leather at some point down the road but already got the cold weather package.
I didn't have the cold weather package so they are adding heat. Because you already have it I'm sure it will be cheaper for you to just add leather over top of the existing heat system! The cold weather group was the only thing I kinda wished that I had but they were literally pulling this off the truck when I pulled up with every single option I wanted except that so I felt it was too lucky to pass up ha! Almost none of the dealerships anywhere within 100 miles of me had any Sports, much less in Granite Crystal.

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Nice. Looks just like our new sport. We are waiting on the dealer to call regarding our black leather katzkins too. I ordered a set of rubicon rails for ours and can’t wait to receive them.

p2752656205-4.jpg
Also I just noticed they did the exact same thing with your spare tire and painted that yellow line all around it, what is with that right? I mean it's not the biggest deal and I ordered the tire cover from Quadratec (prob a good idea for UV damage anyways) but it just didn't make sense to me. I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the wrangler all terrains have been on the pavement though!

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Also I just noticed they did the exact same thing with your spare tire and painted that yellow line all around it, what is with that right? I mean it's not the biggest deal and I ordered the tire cover from Quadratec (prob a good idea for UV damage anyways) but it just didn't make sense to me. I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the wrangler all terrains have been on the pavement though!
Very nice. It’s my wife’s daily driver and it replaced a 2016 trail edition 4Runner and I think the wrangler rides better.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Unfortunately they are a separate upgrade for $895 MSRP, however they are my favorite of any of the JL wheel options by far and even though I plan to upgrade to 33 inch tires, 16 inch wheels are the ideal size for off-road use(Rubi even sticks with 16) so these will last me a long time!

My dealer is charging $1500 for heated leather, would have been $1250 without heat.
Is this MOPAR/Katzkin leather?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Is this MOPAR/Katzkin leather?
Honestly I’m not sure, I just assumed it was a local custom shop. But they had to “order” the seats so mopar would make more sense right? Especially with a new model like the JL, I wouldn’t think there are many third party mass produced options yet.

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I’m not sure, I just assumed it was a local custom shop. But they had to “order” the seats so mopar would make more sense right? Especially with a new model like the JL, I wouldn’t think there are many third party mass produced options yet.
For ours they had us pick from a bundle of katzkins swatches so I assumed it was katzkins.

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
For ours they had us pick from a bundle of katzkins swatches so I assumed it was katzkins.
My dealer just asked me what color I wanted, I guess I will find out Thursday ha! Gosh I hope they do a good job.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Unfortunately they are a separate upgrade for $895 MSRP, however they are my favorite of any of the JL wheel options by far and even though I plan to upgrade to 33 inch tires, 16 inch wheels are the ideal size for off-road use(Rubi even sticks with 16) so these will last me a long time!

My dealer is charging $1500 for heated leather, would have been $1250 without heat.
Rubi wheels are 17"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Rubi wheels are 17"
Yeah you are right my bad! So are the sport's. I think the upgraded sport wheels I have and the stock Rubi wheels are my favorite.

Last edited:

Jcaron9gt4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WRX | 2018 JLU Sport S 6 Speed
I didn't have the cold weather package so they are adding heat. Because you already have it I'm sure it will be cheaper for you to just add leather over top of the existing heat system! The cold weather group was the only thing I kinda wished that I had but they were literally pulling this off the truck when I pulled up with every single option I wanted except that so I felt it was too lucky to pass up ha! Almost none of the dealerships anywhere within 100 miles of me had any Sports, much less in Granite Crystal.
I am assuming they are just adding the heated seats and not the entire cold weather package (heated steering wheel). Are they using the factory buttons and locations? I just picked up a sport s and was curious if cold weather group could be added after the fact. I have cloth seats and would stick with them over leather.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
That color combo with those wheels is the best looking sport I have seen so far. Adding the Rubicon rails looks so much better than the Sahara steps. The LED's look great but does the standard head lights appear better than the JK OEM?

One of my first things I did on my old JKU sport was to call around local katzkins installer and for $750 leather and heated seats for all 4 seats out the door.

Dealer wanted $2000

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
I am assuming they are just adding the heated seats and not the entire cold weather package (heated steering wheel). Are they using the factory buttons and locations? I just picked up a sport s and was curious if cold weather group could be added after the fact. I have cloth seats and would stick with them over leather.
Unfortunately it’s not the full cold weather package so it doesn’t include the heated steering wheel which I think would be a lot more complicated to add. They actually added buttons in the center stack but it is super clean and looks almost factory. I’ll try to take a picture in a bit.
Sponsored