First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Don't let the door...

Maybe try a Ford Bronco?
I wouldn’t touch a new Jeep product again either, possibly not anything from Stellantis. I would consider used for the right price. But I also wouldn’t consider selling my Jeep either.

While I originally wanted the Bronco before the Jeep and only bought because of the delivery nightmare Ford had with with them; also long delays. I still would buy a Bronco and feel that absolute barebones stripper model is good value, I want one in Oxford White.

Be a nice beater for crappy weather and tows more.
Sponsored

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2022 Rubicon
Why would anyone assume I would want a Bronco? They're even worse.

For those who received your Jeeps quickly, I am truly happy for you. I wish you the best of luck, hope they bring you joy, and that they stay out of the shop.

I was fine to wait several months. I was quoted up to 24 weeks. That has come and gone. I have nothing against the dealership. And nothing against anyone who stayed the course. But, I'm out.

For those that are still waiting after ordering in December, November, or September, (especially after seeing so many more recent orders filled) you have my sympathy. Stellantis owes you a ton for remaining loyal.
It's definitely a lesson in patience. I ordered a Bronco June 2021. Had to re-order in October for MY22 - I haven't heard a peep since and know that I will not see it built this year. I know there are a ton of variables that have caused delays. Pandemic, Shipping, Parts, Drivers etc but the bottom line is that Ford screwed up big time. I ordered a fully loaded Rubicon 3 wks ago. Got a VIN / VON / POC so I know it will be built. Even if it takes 4-6 months, I'll have it this year. The best part is that I've been putting money away since June 2021 and will likely pay for it outright.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
Seems to me you're writing to the wrong forum and needed some validation. It's a shame you had to wait so long. But a lot of people have- maybe this letter should have went to stellantis or maybe you could have asked others and all of you write the letter to them. Well I'll keep the Jeep wave going. Bye Bye

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
The wait does suck, however, I've ordered vehicles in the past that have taken much longer than 5 months to arrive. And that was before we had things like Jeep Chat, or vehicle tracking. You just had to wait until your dealer called you and told you the vehicle had arrived. Ordering a vehicle is not like purchasing from Amazon where you receive a FedEx tracking number immediately and it shows up in 2 days. Ultimately, the dealership is the customer of Stallantis, and we are the secondary customer. Stallantis doesn't need to communicate with us at all regarding the status of the order because they aren't selling the vehicle to us. They're selling it ot the dealership, who will then re-sell it to us.

Re: "potentially unreliable" vehicle, any vehicle has the potential to be unreliable. I've owned 5 Wranglers of 3 different generations over 25 years & never had an issue with any of them. Many factors are under the owner's control, i.e. regular maintenance, not modifying it with cheap aftermarket parts, etc.

My order, accepted in November, hasn't moved either so I've now found other vehicles that are either in-transit to area dealers or on the lot and am working with my dealer to obtain one of those.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I don't understand why you didn't keep your order. As others have said you could sell it immediately when you got it and made a profit. Other than that I truly am OK to wait longer. For me, the longer I wait means the more money I have for it. I'm not 1 of those who has a ton of money or equity in another vehicle so I won't be buying mine outright.

I wasn't given a timeframe but after reading the forums (doing research) I know my wait will probably be 3+ months. I also don't need a vehicle NOW, which no one who needs 1 immediately should ever order.

The times suck right now, that's for sure. Maybe we shouldn't have shut everything down for several months. So many companies now have an excuse to cut corners and provide bad service and have an 'excuse' to do so. Hopefully things will change soon. There's no reason we can't get back to how we were before, it's just people holding us back right now.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
OP good for you, I wasn't so lucky, my jeep got built in a timely manner and has been reliable and so far I've spent over $10k in upgrades and plan on spending thousands and thousands more, im hooked on it and it's been a blast owning my JLUR for these past 4+ years, I can't wait to upgrade to 37s so I can get worse gas mileage.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
It's definitely a lesson in patience. I ordered a Bronco June 2021. Had to re-order in October for MY22 - I haven't heard a peep since and know that I will not see it built this year. I know there are a ton of variables that have caused delays. Pandemic, Shipping, Parts, Drivers etc but the bottom line is that Ford screwed up big time. I ordered a fully loaded Rubicon 3 wks ago. Got a VIN / VON / POC so I know it will be built. Even if it takes 4-6 months, I'll have it this year. The best part is that I've been putting money away since June 2021 and will likely pay for it outright.
I think the biggest launch failure is the PlayStation 5… Far simpler then a car and years later, still can’t get one. I think Ford did a bad job, then I look at Sony and think, maybe they didn’t do all that bad.

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
You gotta do you. I am sorry about your frustration; nobody likes the anticipation roller coaster right now. But any quick scan of the news and coverage on unprecedented demand and supply chain woes could have prepared you for that. As far as reliability and complaints, those aren't exactly earth-shattering news either.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

No manufacturer builds vehicles "first come, first served". I don't know the specifics, but generally speaking they'll do runs where orders are the most similarly optioned first, and the orders that are essentially spec'd out as a unicorn get built last. You are likely somewhere in the middle.

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
Ok the first question is "when" ?

When the Fuck did we ask?

I waited 6 months for a TRX.. I waited 6 months for a lemon law case for Jeep.. I ordered a 392 XR that I am waiting for... but you know what.. I am not currently getting fucking bombed.. do not have a terminal illness.. and I am still sober.. so guess what none of these vehicle issues fucking matter..

Every vehicle is going to have reliability issues for the next few years.. Manufacturers are scrambling to get anything they can to the dealership.. Which in turn is keeping (some) people working.. there is a cause and effect for everything.. and snowflake you do not matter ..

Fact of the matter is.. be thankful you are breathing.. if you want to spend your money somewhere else .. hey great.. but the rest of us don't give a fuck.

I actually wasted too much breath on this post.. but I was bored ..

Oh and by the way I bought TWO 100k BMWs one in 2020 and one in 2021 that both had massive safety issues.. guess it's only stellantis huh
Sponsored