OP

14jjr1

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Why would anyone assume I would want a Bronco? They're even worse.

For those who received your Jeeps quickly, I am truly happy for you. I wish you the best of luck, hope they bring you joy, and that they stay out of the shop.

I was fine to wait several months. I was quoted up to 24 weeks. That has come and gone. I have nothing against the dealership. And nothing against anyone who stayed the course. But, I'm out.

For those that are still waiting after ordering in December, November, or September, (especially after seeing so many more recent orders filled) you have my sympathy. Stellantis owes you a ton for remaining loyal.

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
They can’t even paint them correctly most are bubbling in the door hinges rediculous.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
They can’t even paint them correctly most are bubbling in the door hinges rediculous.
*ridiculous

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
It's the closest thing to a Wrangler and that was the point.

Of course, you could try for a Land Rover Defender ... 😅

It's not "loyalty", it's "patience"

Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
It’s not that we don’t all understand you. We know what we bought and the problems. However you came into a Jeep lovers forum to tell a company that isn’t listening that someone else is buying your Jeep from them. What did you expect would happen?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The other issue is Jeep didnt start building 2022 model year vehicles until late December. If you ordered a 2022 in Sept, Nov, Dec, you were waiting for 2021 to end before being scheduled. Waiting before December is like saying you want a 2023 and you've been waiting all year. Jeep has only been building new model year Jeeps for four months, roughly 20 weeks.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

For those who received your Jeeps quickly, I am truly happy for you. I wish you the best of luck, hope they bring you joy, and that they stay out of the shop.

I was fine to wait several months. I was quoted up to 24 weeks. That has come and gone. I have nothing against the dealership. And nothing against anyone who stayed the course. But, I'm out.

For those that are still waiting after ordering in December, November, or September, (especially after seeing so many more recent orders filled) you have my sympathy. Stellantis owes you a ton for remaining loyal.
Well most brand dealerships and service departments are dismal, so there's that.

Many makes have 'known' issues, it's just how often do you have to deal with them. For example, my Volkswagen GTI needed an intake manifold replaced, common problem. Ran good, just threw a check engine light. First one replaced under warranty, and they left a hose clamp loose which was a real problem, but easy fix. Second one replaced by me, revised and lasted longer. About $150.

I bought the Jeep off the lot with 30 miles, it had been there less than a month. Rubicon for $38k, I was thrilled. I've had the visors break, but fix clips are found on ebay. I had a soft top latch come loose on day 1, replaced that myself. The door hinge bubbling is dissimilar metals, they need to address the root of how they're assembled. I haven't been to the dealer since I bought it 2 years ago, don't ever want to go there.

I agree that prices are getting high, and the supply chain issues or whatever suck, but this is a unique time in history to be buying a new vehicle.

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I am so upset that some people have ALL the luck!!

I wanted mine to take at least 6 months to arrive, 8 months would have been even better!

But no..................it had to arrive 5 WEEKS after ordering!!!!!!

I'm also not too excited about instant gratification, I REALLY enjoy a long build up and then BAM, what I have been long anticipating finally arrives.

With my luck, when it comes time to replace my one year old, trouble free Wrangler, the supply issues and computer chips will have be back to normal and I won't get to wait for an extended time before it's parked in my garage.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yeah, heck with those October order folks! They’re screwed! :LOL:

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Hopefully cancelling your order gets my second jeep (for my wife) done faster.....so thanks..

and by the way.... we chalk this up as a first world problem... no instant gratification on a factory order during a car and chip shortage