Had my steering damper replaced today.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Had the V 41 done last week ,before I even pulled out of the dealer parking lot I could tell the steering was tighter. it's much better, but it's still not 100% like when the vehicle had five thousand miles on it, so we shall see. something else has to be causing this damper to be going there's another piece of this puzzle still missing.
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Do your Jeep a favor and remove that piece of junk and get a real one.......especially if you have changed to bigger tires or plan on doing so at some point in the future. Get better shocks as well. Even a $50 Rancho RS5000X is better than the stock shocks.
I would totally disagree. They're a lot of us here running 37s and 38s with stock. Upgrading the steering stabilizer should be at the bottom of any JL build.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
How would you grade the shop according to this photo?

IMG_7915.jpg
I have no idea what I'm suppose to be looking at, that is incorrectly installed. Can you please explain so when I get mine done I know what I'm supposed to be looking for?. Thank you.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sand Flea

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
I have no idea what I'm suppose to be looking at, that is incorrectly installed. Can you please explain so when I get mine done I know what I'm supposed to be looking for?. Thank you.
There is a sticker on the damper that says "front of vehicle". It also has an arrow that is supposed to be pointing to the front.
Mine was pointing to the rear.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
My early build 2018 JLUR with 37s goes down the road fine. I think I'm gonna avoid the "improved" stabilizer.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
My early build 2018 JLUR with 37s goes down the road fine. I think I'm gonna avoid the "improved" stabilizer.
My wifes is good to with 20K on it but I'll keep my eyes out for a good aftermarket one just in case things get odd with the bigger tires I'm getting when these wear out the rest of the way.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Thanks for that link! I wonder if one were to buy the FOX or other if you could still get reimbursed? Obviously it would only be for the cost of the FCA piece but still would be better then nothing.

There is another thread about just that. Seems FCA is reimbursing for aftermarket parts as well. Someone got their whole $350.00 back for a falcon.

Sponsored

TonyCosta64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
There is another thread about just that. Seems FCA is reimbursing for aftermarket parts as well. Someone got their whole $350.00 back for a falcon.
where is that thread as I'd like to read it

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
They're reimbursing for aftermarket, but it's apparently dependent upon the purchase date. That's also floating around here in another thread. It would have to be prior to the notice date, so anyone who buys one now, chances are they won't be eligible for reimbursement.

I picked up a Fox in mid-July, but I don't know the official recall notice date.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
They're reimbursing for aftermarket, but it's apparently dependent upon the purchase date. That's also floating around here in another thread. It would have to be prior to the notice date, so anyone who buys one now, chances are they won't be eligible for reimbursement.

I picked up a Fox in mid-July, but I don't know the official recall notice date.
Makes sense.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just submitted my reimbursement after installing the part myself. Worked fine in chrome. Included a pic from where I bought it, installed and a pic of my paypal invoice.
Sponsored