Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Hello,
I had a bone head move today and backed into a parking lot light pole. I ordered a new bumper end cap which was cheap, but I cannot find videos or such how to remove the old to replace the new. I know there are clips on the cap but not sure on the rest. Also my painted fender flare. how to get a replacement myself or just go get robbed at the dealer? any advice or tips appreciated..im pretty handy and enjoy learning this stuff.
Thank you.

end cap and fender.jpg
Sponsored

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
back in my TJ days I would have just used some do it your self bed liner and painted them black! But check eBay, you can usually find body parts painted in factory colors on the cheap.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Some rubbing compound, polish, elbow grease and some touch up paint will likely get the painted part pretty close, but thereā€™s nothing you can do for the black plastic except replace. They may sell the black trim for the fender separate from the rest of the fender.

Iā€™d guess you have to drop the rear bumper to replace the end cap. May be pretty obvious once you get it off.

you may also be able to find someone selling takeoff fenders in your color, but I doubt someone would sell one. Would probably have to buy the whole set.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The black plastic flares get gouges on them from even the most gentle contact, and theyā€™re not reparable.
lol, I drag mine on rocks all the time, they still look fine. With a little rubbing they look great. If they get too beat up you can just undercoat them.

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
Some rubbing compound, polish, elbow grease and some touch up paint will likely get the painted part pretty close.
You will be surprised how much rubbing compound can take out on the painted part, but rubbing compound is best applied softly, in circulating patterns, taking your time rather than rubbing hard. It takes a little longer, but you will not scratch the paint. I would skip touch up paint because (1) you may not need it after the rubbing compound and (2) it will never exactly match and you will never be able to take your eyes off the unmatched paint. It will stand out like orange paint to you.

Sponsored

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello,
I had a bone head move today and backed into a parking lot light pole. I ordered a new bumper end cap which was cheap, but I cannot find videos or such how to remove the old to replace the new. I know there are clips on the cap but not sure on the rest. Also my painted fender flare. how to get a replacement myself or just go get robbed at the dealer? any advice or tips appreciated..im pretty handy and enjoy learning this stuff.
Thank you.

Jeep Wrangler JL had a boo boo today =( end cap and fender
Donā€™t feel bad...weā€™ve all been there, have a cold on and tell people how that Boulder jumped out and bit yašŸŗ