Sponsored

H.E.R.O. Hood - TOTL Innovations

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Does anyone with the ecodiesel have any data on how much it has reduced the under hood temps? A few Gladiators have had high coolant and oil temps when towing up a grade in 90 degrees. We are looking for ways to help reduce these temperatures.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I may be sort of a (stock) guinea pig. Although I don't tow and don't live in a mountainous area, I have a JLURD and will have a HERO Hood delivered Friday.

It hasn't been that hot here in NE OH, but I seem to run < 220F, for both highway and suburbia driving.

I'll update this thread after paint/installation.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I finally got my hood installed! Again, thank you @TOTL Innovations for making a diesel-specific hood! I love the look!

I haven't done much driving and it hasn't been that hot here in NE OH, but I do see a slight decrease in coolant temperature with this hood vs. the original stock hood. The ram air intake does work; I went down a very steep hill and watched the coolant temp fall. The vents really allow the hot air to escape.

Here are pics for attention--I had just come back from wheeling at Uwharrie, so I had residual mud left to clean:
Jeep Wrangler JL H.E.R.O. Hood - TOTL Innovations IMG_3959
Jeep Wrangler JL H.E.R.O. Hood - TOTL Innovations IMG_3960
Jeep Wrangler JL H.E.R.O. Hood - TOTL Innovations IMG_3961

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Have you lowered the windshield? Just curious if that is no longer an option

Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Have you lowered the windshield? Just curious if that is no longer an option
I don't lower my windshield, so I don't know whether the higher intake hump would prohibit dropping the windshield.

OP
OP
TOTL Innovations

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
A couple more shots of the two tone set up. All vents are fully functional for heat expulsion as well as the ram air opening up front funneling clean cool air to your factory air box.

TOTL_JL_TwoTone3.jpg
TOTL_JL_TwoTone4.jpg

OP
OP
TOTL Innovations

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
We got some updated build pictures from @CWRUYOTE after she got the AEV treatment. This is our Diesel specific H.E.R.O. Hood that funnels air to the driver's side airbox.

TOTL_JL_Diesel_AEV_Yellow1.jpg

TOTL_JL_Diesel_AEV_Yellow2.jpg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

A couple more shots of the two tone set up. All vents are fully functional for heat expulsion as well as the ram air opening up front funneling clean cool air to your factory air box.

Jeep Wrangler JL H.E.R.O. Hood - TOTL Innovations TOTL_JL_Diesel_AEV_Yellow2
Jeep Wrangler JL H.E.R.O. Hood - TOTL Innovations TOTL_JL_Diesel_AEV_Yellow2
the two tone looks really good on the white

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
so, it's been a year.

what's the report?

I may be sort of a (stock) guinea pig. Although I don't tow and don't live in a mountainous area, I have a JLURD and will have a HERO Hood delivered Friday.

It hasn't been that hot here in NE OH, but I seem to run < 220F, for both highway and suburbia driving.

I'll update this thread after paint/installation.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Wow! I can't believe it's been a year!

I just got back from a weekend of wheeling at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA) in Coal Twp, PA.

Temps were in the 80s and dry--absolutely perfect weather for wheeling, IMHO. I monitored the coolant temps using the Offroad Pages. It didn't matter if I was slow crawling on technical sections of rock or goosing it on steep inclines--I never went above 220F.

Love this hood!

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i never see the temps rise in the situations you describe here.

what i'd really like to know is where the temps are when you're moving at Western highway speeds (80+MPH) in temps over 90ºF for over an hour at altitude (over 5000').

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year!

I just got back from a weekend of wheeling at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA) in Coal Twp, PA.

Temps were in the 80s and dry--absolutely perfect weather for wheeling, IMHO. I monitored the coolant temps using the Offroad Pages. It didn't matter if I was slow crawling on technical sections of rock or goosing it on steep inclines--I never went above 220F.

Love this hood!

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
i never see the temps rise in the situations you describe here.

what i'd really like to know is where the temps are when you're moving at Western highway speeds (80+MPH) in temps over 90ºF for over an hour at altitude (over 5000').
This past summer I was traveling in the Badlands/western SD on I-90 between 75-80 MPH, near 5K in elevation, but not beyond that, ambient temp around 90F, running temps were between 215F - 220F.

The trip was about 8 hours and I had the AC on.
Sponsored