GY Duratracs vs Ridge Grapplers

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
So, I just ordered a set of Cooper STT Pros. They won't ship for a while so I could cancel.

I have been really torn between something more road friendly; specifically a Nitto Ridge Grapper.

Right now on my JK, I have the GY Duratrac. Been great for my needs here in VT. Pretty damn loud with 40k miles on the, and have been loud for past 10k, but have performed great year round. I might get again if they made them in 37s for my new JL that' coming.

Anyone have 1:1 comparison of the GY Duratacs with the Ridge Grappler I terms of off-road performance?

I kind of still feel like getting a MT for something that will see more road miles to get to the trails is a mistake, but damn those Coopers look great and every person I've spoke to said they are great offroad here in New England.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Ridge Grapplers! Running them on JL and very happy both on and off road. Noise is low. Pleasure on the highway. Wet weather they've been good. Excellent traction in rocks and dirt. Aggressive sidewalls.
Ran a set of Duratrac on one of my JKs for a while. They were OK at best. Didn't like them in rain. Offroad they were fine. For a hybrid tire they were too loud and you should just get an MT. I ended up selling them and doing just that. Got Coopers in fact, the predecessor to the STT Pros.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Stick w/ the STT Pros!