Sponsored

GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry REQUIRED???

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
So I'm working with a dealer today to order a new JLU Rubicon built out the way my wife desires - Hellayella with 3.6L v6, 8spd auto, black hard top, and 8.4" radio package. The dealer went to put the order into the system today, and the system spit back that GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry is a required option. Can't order the Jeep without it. Sales manager tried as well and got the same message.

Any ideas on this? Is this just a glitch? Something going on with these?
Sponsored

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
On the same boat here, just as I was getting ready to do the deposit the dealer emailed me to tell me he couldn’t do the original config since the system forced him to add GXD as soon as he selected the color.

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Im getting the same thing from several dealers as well. It appears they are requiring it or it's a bug? Maybe they have a surplus to dump :)

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Same with my order(JL Rubicon). We were also required to get the trail kit, no way to remove it.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
sounds fishy af to me....You can go build your own jeep right now on jeep.com with out adding those items.

I'd call FCA to get some answers on that

Sponsored

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
sounds fishy af to me....You can go build your own jeep right now on jeep.com with out adding those items.

I'd call FCA to get some answers on that
Their website isn't accurate and I wouldn't trust it. I'm guessing it's one of two things. 1) A bug or misconfigured setting in their build tool. 2) It's now a standard item for 2022 and instead of raising the 2021 price and adding it, their just forcing the option to finish out the year. I'm sure there are other reasons but these stand out to me hehe.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Their website isn't accurate and I wouldn't trust it. I'm guessing it's one of two things. 1) A bug or misconfigured setting in their build tool. 2) It's now a standard item for 2022 and instead of raising the 2021 price and adding it, their just forcing the option to finish out the year. I'm sure there are other reasons but these stand out to me hehe.
I ordered my JLUR on 3/10 with out it....hope they just throw it in for free:like:

MissRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
We're ordering a 4xe Rubicon today - Proximity is now required on all Rubicons.

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I ordered my JLUR on 3/10 with out it....hope they just throw it in for free:like:
+1, I ordered a 2 door JLR on 3/29 without it, no issues, no red flags, not on the POC or build sheet. I wouldn't cry if they added it on for free, but I dont need it.

supamyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xE
You can built it online without it but when dealers build them and put your build into the system proximity is a must!!!!

Sponsored

casey38boost

First Name
Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 1969 Camaro , 1987 Buick GN
I placed an order for Rubicon today and it was required to submit . I was up in the air about it anyway, so no big deal.

21GraniteJLUR

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ordered on 3/30, got my build sheet and dont see it on there...although my price did go 300ish bucks.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So I'm working with a dealer today to order a new JLU Rubicon built out the way my wife desires - Hellayella with 3.6L v6, 8spd auto, black hard top, and 8.4" radio package. The dealer went to put the order into the system today, and the system spit back that GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry is a required option. Can't order the Jeep without it. Sales manager tried as well and got the same message.

Any ideas on this? Is this just a glitch? Something going on with these?
Custom ordered JLUR today and same issue - didn’t want it, couldn’t remove it. My sales guy tried twice and I know he wasn’t trying to stick me with it. I am guessing will be standard moving forward for the 2022s, so all 2021s are forced to have it.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Custom ordered JLUR today and same issue - didn’t want it, couldn’t remove it. My sales guy tried twice and I know he wasn’t trying to stick me with it. I am guessing will be standard moving forward for the 2022s, so all 2021s are forced to have it.
I’m currently building one and was told the same thing. Not happy about the extra cost.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I loved the Proximity Locks on my old '19 JLR. I would want them on whatever JL I buy next. I was just going to order another JLR and decided to see how a Willys would build out. I tried building a Willys online and it would not let me add Proximity Door Locks unless I added the Dual Door Group?
Sponsored