gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what the 2021 JLUR SRT 392 GVWR is? I'm hoping its over 6000... @JeepCares
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It will be 3,500 just like all the other ones from what I've been told. It's not the engine that makes the difference. It's the frame, suspension, and the driveline.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has to be different. JLURD is over 6000 gvwr and the 3.6 is at 5800

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Ok, I'm sorry. I thought you were talking tow capacity. That's what I get for not reading the whole thing. My guess would be around 6,500.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
It’s going to be VERY close...the 3.0 adds about 350lbs over the 3.6 and only goes over 6000 in rubicon trim due to the skid plates. The 6.4 is about 250lbs added to the 3.6 so you better hope that fancy intake and exhaust add enough to reach section 179 territory.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s going to be VERY close...the 3.0 adds about 350lbs over the 3.6 and only goes over 6000 in rubicon trim due to the skid plates. The 6.4 is about 250lbs added to the 3.6 so you better hope that fancy intake and exhaust add enough to reach section 179 territory.
Exactly.. hoping the dual exhaust and standard steel bumper group help too. Pulled the trigger this morning. Figure one way or the other I’ll have one. Just sucks I have a diesel coming in for Christmas (replacing my 2019 jlur project), so might be enjoying two presents to myself. Wife will not be happy, but my kid will love it. Hahaha thanks for the logic check!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Exactly.. hoping the dual exhaust and standard steel bumper group help too. Pulled the trigger this morning. Figure one way or the other I’ll have one. Just sucks I have a diesel coming in for Christmas (replacing my 2019 jlur project), so might be enjoying two presents to myself. Wife will not be happy, but my kid will love it. Hahaha thanks for the logic check!
Anyone rocking a 3.0 and a 6.4 in the same garage is a legend in my book. I tried and failed to convince my wife to rock a 392 next to my JLURD. :CWL:

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
6100. I can't find where I read it but that's what it said. I thought it was on the press release but I couldn't find it to verify.

Last edited:

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I have put my JLUR with Mopar 2" lift, AEV Borah's, 315's, RSE plus skids, plus more. It's only 5100. Used 3 different scales in Oregon.
GVWR never mind......

Jeep Wrangler JL GVWR - 2021 JLUR SRT 392 DSC_0086.JPG

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Seems like some folks don't understand what GVWR is. The GVWR minus curb weight equals how much you can put inside the vehicle. It basically translates to your payload. That's why it's an important figure to know.

These fancy engine options kill payload, which kills the ability to use them for overlanding or towing trailers. At least, legally.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Seems like some folks don't understand what GVWR is. The GVWR minus curb weight equals how much you can put inside the vehicle. It basically translates to your payload. That's why it's an important figure to know.

These fancy engine options kill payload, which kills the ability to use them for overlanding or towing trailers. At least, legally.
gvwr is important to pay attention to, but depending on where you live it may or may not matter as much as youd think. Ive made long posts about this in the past with limited interest; but in short check your state laws. Often times axle rating matters more than gvwr; you can buy addition gvwr from the dmv when registering the vehicle; in rare(and difficult) cases you can have gvwr changed by the factory or an upfitter.

*in general* if your truck is within the axle ratings and tire load rating and doesnt look like a jingle truck rolling down the road all loaded down and sagged out, youre fine. In most instances the fine for being over gvwr is ridiculously small even if you do somehow get weighed.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
gvwr is important to pay attention to, but depending on where you live it may or may not matter as much as youd think. Ive made long posts about this in the past with limited interest; but in short check your state laws. Often times axle rating matters more than gvwr; you can buy addition gvwr from the dmv when registering the vehicle; in rare(and difficult) cases you can have gvwr changed by the factory or an upfitter.

*in general* if your truck is within the axle ratings and tire load rating and doesnt look like a jingle truck rolling down the road all loaded down and sagged out, youre fine. In most instances the fine for being over gvwr is ridiculously small even if you do somehow get weighed.
Thanks Kurt... In this case, state law doesn't matter as much as the bottom line (or GVWR). I was approaching this from a Section 179 of the Federal Tax / IRS perspective.. It's a perk for being a business owner who puts a lot of miles on their company vehicle.. lol Anyway, appreciate the information...

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Thanks Kurt... In this case, state law doesn't matter as much as the bottom line (or GVWR). I was approaching this from a Section 179 of the Federal Tax / IRS perspective.. It's a perk for being a business owner who puts a lot of miles on their company vehicle.. lol Anyway, appreciate the information...
yeah thats a good distinction. Under business use you are likely more subjected to gvwr than a private owner.

check with your dmv. A bunch of states will allow you to pay for additional gvwr up to your axle rating, and will reflect that higher gvwr on the registration. Not sure if that will solve your 179 issue or not.
Sponsored