First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I built this awkward looking wood shed to protect the firewood in the backyard from the rain and ice storm that we had earlier this year in Texas, and she thought it was hideous and her words exactly were "why don't you just stick to messing with the Jeep and not building weird things around the house!"
You can't make a post like that and not include a picture, what's wrong with you!
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
When you get used to all that new found room in the back of a 4 doors, it’s hard/next to impossible to go back to a 2 doors unless you suddenly become by yourself and without a dog.

OP
OP

AW1985

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Actually this is a bit more of a betrayal.......I did go 2 door....but with one small caveat.

The good news is once Jeep puts out a manual transmission I enjoy driving, I know I can make the switch now......proof of concept.

Bronco_No Top.jpg
Beautiful—had a Mustang in similar paint. Also, I can be honest—I looked at the Bronco Raptor. But if you’re going to get a Bronco, the only proportions that worked for me was the 2-door. Awesome look.

I also agree with a lot of the marital advice—we’re on 20 years this year, so I like to think I figured it out ?.

We made a deal years ago—the garage and what lies within is mine, and the house, yard and anything else really is hers hahaha. That woodshed story sounds really, really familiar—we really are all alike hahah.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
So make a pros and cons list.
Feel free to add to to the list:

Two Jeeps: ——————vs ——- —- Wife:

✅ ride anytime
✅ looks great topless
✅ purrs when asked
✅ likes to get dirty
✅ ready day or night
My wife would find this list really funny. In fact when she meets people I work with the first question they ask her is " Why, why did you marry him"? Some have speculated that maybe it was Stockholm Syndrome...

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I'd hazard a guess that most of the Jeep guys here are inexplicably blessed to have a spouse, me included.
I'm further blessed that mine was all in on having 4 doors, split across two Jeeps. ???

Sponsored

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
If she loves you, she'll understand. The secret is you don't say no to her to anything she wants, and then when you do stuff to your Wrangler, you don't ask permission, you ask forgiveness.

At this point, my wife prefers that I do my crazy things to my Wrangler, as long as I leave her car and the house out of it.

I built this awkward looking wood shed to protect the firewood in the backyard from the rain and ice storm that we had earlier this year in Texas, and she thought it was hideous and her words exactly were "why don't you just stick to messing with the Jeep and not building weird things around the house!"

friends-joey-tribbiani (4).gif
MEDIOCRE!!! :please: ?

giphysmile.gif

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Actually this is a bit more of a betrayal.......I did go 2 door....but with one small caveat.

The good news is once Jeep puts out a manual transmission I enjoy driving, I know I can make the switch now......proof of concept.

Jeep Wrangler JL Guys, Can We Still Be Friends? giphysmile
I have to admit it, that is definitely the nicest looking mall crawler I mean bronco I've seen. Nice! ?

racerdude90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Beautiful—had a Mustang in similar paint. Also, I can be honest—I looked at the Bronco Raptor. But if you’re going to get a Bronco, the only proportions that worked for me was the 2-door. Awesome look.

I also agree with a lot of the marital advice—we’re on 20 years this year, so I like to think I figured it out ?.

We made a deal years ago—the garage and what lies within is mine, and the house, yard and anything else really is hers hahaha. That woodshed story sounds really, really familiar—we really are all alike hahah.
I think the Bronco Raptor is sick! That things ability to just hit it looks so rad.

I totally fantasize about Jeep coming out with a Raptor fighter.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
You can't make a post like that and not include a picture, what's wrong with you!
It's too bad too cuz I never ended up taking a picture of it. It's been disassembled since this spring. Just think of a bunch of 2x4s about 2 ft off the ground with a sloping plastic rooftop in non-transparent blue, pointing away from the house.

The issue with it was it was plainly visible from the living room windows.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I think the Bronco Raptor is sick! That things ability to just hit it looks so rad.

I totally fantasize about Jeep coming out with a Raptor fighter.
Two door 4xe XR. If they made that, I would hit that in a quick minute.
Jeep Wrangler JL Guys, Can We Still Be Friends? 1693684793957

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I have a buddy that will disagree with you. Not too fun in this day. I hear horror stories all the time. It’s a different world. Lol.
My experience has been the same. It's sad, but absolutely true ?

Mine&Hers

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

Jeep Wrangler JL Guys, Can We Still Be Friends? 1693684793957
Boy you sure have a purty bronco

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Boy you sure have a purty bronco
Thanks, it's the first non Jeep I've had other than a '93 Toyota Pickup 22RE (which I regret selling). It honestly has been perfect. My dad had a green Scout when I was little and it reminds me of that quite a bit. I first reserved in March 2021, and went with Cyber Orange, then Eruption Green came out and I was all over it. Again, I honestly didn't think I would take delivery of it, but my dealer was excellent (invoice price/no fees with all of the price protection taken off the cost upfront) and I love the manual in it.

I've taken it on the same moderate trails (Uwharrie, etc) as I took my JLUR, no issues. Do I trust it on hard/difficult trails as much as the JL, no. Do I really need to be on those based on where I live and what I do? Not really. I need a Jeep/Bronco so primarily because I'm on the beach a ton with sandy gear, so I want something I can spray out, sit in without worrying about, and I don't need a big truck. I like going to the mountains and off-roading so......when I can I use it, but that's probably 10x a year, I live at the coast with nothing difficult nearby, just swamps/mud.

Anywho......the Bronco just happens to be a perfect size for a 2 door, it's just slightly wider and longer to make it work with gear, mtn bikes, etc. I took the rear seats out, piece of cake.