Sponsored

Gurgling/Rattle when accelerating

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So I've got this strange thing happening lately. 2019 JLU SportS 3.6 AT LSD/44 rear. After market bumpers and a winch. No suspension mods yet.

When letting of the gas, then reapplying to accelerate I hear a strangle rattle/gurgle sound. It's not extremely loud, but it's there. It sounds like it's in the engine to mid vehicle area.

I feel nothing in the peddle or wheel, no vibrations. It's gotten progressively more noticeable lately.

I don't think it's the Dana 44 knock that's being discussed, but I'm not sure. I've heard a sound clip of that and it seems different.

Any ideas? I'll try to post a video clip later.
Sponsored

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So I've got this strange thing happening lately. 2019 JLU SportS 3.6 AT LSD/44 rear. After market bumpers and a winch. No suspension mods yet.

When letting of the gas, then reapplying to accelerate I hear a strangle rattle/gurgle sound. It's not extremely loud, but it's there. It sounds like it's in the engine to mid vehicle area.
Visit Autofthings to review best clear coat for headlights if you concern. I feel nothing in the peddle or wheel, no vibrations. It's gotten progressively more noticeable lately.

I don't think it's the Dana 44 knock that's being discussed, but I'm not sure. I've heard a sound clip of that and it seems different.

Review this article for your reference. Hopefully it can help you to figure out the issue and solution.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/vehicle-bubbling-noise

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I feel nothing in the peddle or wheel, no vibrations. It's gotten progressively more noticeable lately.

Hi Jimmy_jak, I am very sorry to read this! If you end up going to your dealer, please let us know. We are happy to set up a case so a case manager can get involved and help resolve all of your concerns.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Sponsored