Sponsored

Gupton roll call and updates on 2022 orders.

Bowhunter23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR-4xe, '85 CJ-7
Did Gupton email everyone their vin or did you email them or Jeep chat?
I emailed Daniel a couple days after he gave me the VON to ask about VIN. He responded almost immediately with it.
Sponsored

Sabdalla

First Name
Sandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Chat confirmed mine was also delivered today! Just waiting on Renee to get to contact me. I know they are busy. I’m planning on picking mine up next Friday. Gonna be a long week!
Same thing for me as well I got my update from
Jeep chat. Hehe that’s so exciting!! Congratulations

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Picked mine up yesterday! They are pretty swamped, mainly because they have some folks out sick right now. But it was a great experience still. Renee and the staff was awesome!
i was really hoping a weekday would be saner. Definitely won’t try a weekend when mine arrives.

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I picked up my wife's Tuscadero yesterday, they got it on Monday, exactly six weeks after the order was placed. As to the Tread Lightly program, this is their official position, per Walter Lee (great salesman):

You are correct in that the Affiliate Rewards Program has been re-activated on the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. With that being the case, there are two scenarios that can take place.

1. You can use the sold order protection for which you qualified when you ordered the Jeep. This would have locked in the price of the Jeep and protected you from price increases. With this, you would not qualify for Affiliate Rewards since it was not available at that time. If the Jeep had a price increase since it was ordered, the sold order protection might be the best way to go.

2. You can forgo the sold order protection and use the Affiliate Rewards program. If the Jeep did not have a price increase since it was ordered, this would be the best way to go.

In a nutshell, one of these two programs is going to be better than the other, and it doesn't effect us one bit. We just want you to get the best price. I just have to get with my management team to determine which one would be best.

And that they did, ain't Gupton great?

Sabdalla

First Name
Sandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up my wife's Tuscadero yesterday, they got it on Monday, exactly six weeks after the order was placed. As to the Tread Lightly program, this is their official position, per Walter Lee (great salesman):

You are correct in that the Affiliate Rewards Program has been re-activated on the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. With that being the case, there are two scenarios that can take place.

1. You can use the sold order protection for which you qualified when you ordered the Jeep. This would have locked in the price of the Jeep and protected you from price increases. With this, you would not qualify for Affiliate Rewards since it was not available at that time. If the Jeep had a price increase since it was ordered, the sold order protection might be the best way to go.

2. You can forgo the sold order protection and use the Affiliate Rewards program. If the Jeep did not have a price increase since it was ordered, this would be the best way to go.

In a nutshell, one of these two programs is going to be better than the other, and it doesn't effect us one bit. We just want you to get the best price. I just have to get with my management team to determine which one would be best.

And that they did, ain't Gupton great?
So it’s either the 5% or the Fca affiliate rewards for Gupton?

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
So it’s either the 5% or the Fca affiliate rewards for Gupton?
Not exactly. It is more complicated. It is which ever works best - if you ordered when Tread Lightly was not available.

They ordered for me and others under a price lock, so as I understand they are giving you an additional 1% if there were no price increases. However, under Tread Lightly the price is determined when it is built so you get 1% under THAT dealer invoice. Then Gupton offers another 5% under. If you opt for the TL they will base it on CURRENT invoice price, so if there are increases, it may blow through the 1%, so you are better off sticking with the 5% price lock. With the Brandon Inflation, a price lock may be the the better route for everyone ordering today (if that is still offered.)

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Mine has been released, with a delivery date between tomorrow (seems unlikely) and February 4th. I’ve asked Daniel how reliable the delivery estimates have been lately, but no response yet.

Jeep’s original shipping estimate (1/18) from before Christmas was remarkably accurate.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys get messages from Gupton when you update statuses or are you emailing them and asking?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Do you guys get messages from Gupton when you update statuses or are you emailing them and asking?
I've been the one asking them. I was hoping for more initiative from them, but from all reports they're crazy busy.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I've been the one asking them. I was hoping for more initiative from them, but from all reports they're crazy busy.
That's kinda what I figured, I just didn't want to be too much of a pain lol.