Sponsored

Gupton Motors 8% under invoice! Nashville TN area.

OP
OP
6.5shooter

6.5shooter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma daily, Sting Gray JLUR ordered!
Occupation
I&E Technician, Crane operator
Did you fly in to pick it up? I'm only 4 hours away and was planning on renting a car one way, but the flight might actually be cheaper.
I drove a rental car, it was only about 2:45 from my house. Enterprise was about a mile away from the dealer. Keep in mind, Enterprise charges a $90 fee for dropping off the vehicle in a different location than pickup. I have seen posts on the gladiator forum where Gupton has picked guys up at the Nashville airport, if youā€™d like to go that route.
Sponsored

kgatterer

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR , sold-2019 JL Rubicon Mojito
I drove a rental car, it was only about 2:45 from my house. Enterprise was about a mile away from the dealer. Keep in mind, Enterprise charges a $90 fee for dropping off the vehicle in a different location than pickup. I have seen posts on the gladiator forum where Gupton has picked guys up at the Nashville airport, if youā€™d like to go that route.
Yeah, Daniel mentioned that they could pick me up from the airport. I just sent the deposit so I have some time to decide haha.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
For those of you who have ordered from Gupton, do they do the same below invoice deals on Ram?

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
For those of you who have ordered from Gupton, do they do the same below invoice deals on Ram?
I was wondering the same about a Challenger. I think I'll ask Walter.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was wondering the same about a Challenger. I think I'll ask Walter.
Let me know what you hear -- Peterson who gave 7% under invoice on my wife's JL (with financing incentive) keeps quoting me pricing that's only 7.5% back from MSRP (~$6k discount), which is actually quite a bit less than what my local dealer gave me on my previous 2500 ($11k discount). I know rebates are involved with the trucks and not on the Wranglers, but if anything in my head that's telling me the truck should be at least that discount level, or more, not less.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and they make money differently on Ram's sold vs Jeep's. But I saw at least one other dealer here (dealerinsider) post 4% back from invoice, which is significantly higher of a discount.

Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Let me know what you hear -- Peterson who gave 7% under invoice on my wife's JL (with financing incentive) keeps quoting me pricing that's only 7.5% back from MSRP (~$6k discount), which is actually quite a bit less than what my local dealer gave me on my previous 2500 ($11k discount). I know rebates are involved with the trucks and not on the Wranglers, but if anything in my head that's telling me the truck should be at least that discount level, or more, not less.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and they make money differently on Ram's sold vs Jeep's. But I saw at least one other dealer here (dealerinsider) post 4% back from invoice, which is significantly higher of a discount.
Trucks are one of the most profitable vehicles made. That's why they spend so much effort competing with each other and money on improvements and advertising. I saved a ton on my 2018 3500 Ram TD. Right now book private party value is 5-6K more than I paid for it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trucks are one of the most profitable vehicles made. That's why they spend so much effort competing with each other and money on improvements and advertising. I saved a ton on my 2018 3500 Ram TD. Right now book private party value is 5-6K more than I paid for it.
Exactly. Thatā€™s why I was surprised to get quotes at a higher price back from sticker than Wrangler from the same dealer that gave me 7% under.

Drove the last 2500 (ā€˜14) I had and sold it for 5k more than I paid. Sold the recent shop truck (ā€˜15 3500 DRW 8 ft bed) for more than paid. Iā€™m uneasy about loading out a Limited or Laramie if the discount isnā€™t at least 14-15% back from sticker.

Doesnā€™t help that ā€˜22s are out with no order guide so now I have to reverse engineer the guide myself from build sheets posted.

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
For the gentleman asking about credit, Gupton offered 2.7% on a 48-month a couple weeks back. We viewed this as a fair offer in the context of our (very good) credit.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
For the gentleman asking about credit, Gupton offered 2.7% on a 48-month a couple weeks back. We viewed this as a fair offer in the context of our (very good) credit.
Just received my offer from Daniel - Hydro Blue Rubicon, so..........is that on the 8% discount (i.e.) using their credit and getting the biggest discount? If so, that's the route I"m going and I can delete some questions I asked him. Also nice to know you can work out the financing ahead of time, going to fly one way, direct with wife from Charleston, drive back through mountains. I'm guessing sometime November/December.

Anything else I should know? Any good trails around Nashville that are pretty easy on it to begin with?

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Just received my offer from Daniel - Hydro Blue Rubicon, so..........is that on the 8% discount (i.e.) using their credit and getting the biggest discount? If so, that's the route I"m going and I can delete some questions I asked him. Also nice to know you can work out the financing ahead of time, going to fly one way, direct with wife from Charleston, drive back through mountains. I'm guessing sometime November/December.

Anything else I should know? Any good trails around Nashville that are pretty easy on it to begin with?
The largest discount (can't remember if it's 7 or 8% off invoice) is with both Tread Lightly and using Gupton's finance. Not sure if that's what you got. Daniel would have written that down for you in his email. If your deal requires Tread Lightly, and you aren't currently a member, do sign up right away, as there is a 30-day waiting period before you can use it.

I believe Gupton now requires you to make at least 7 payments before you can payoff or refinance (if you finance with them). So you have to consider that fact and weigh if the (perhaps?) higher interest you pay is worth the additional 1% discount. 2.7% for 48-month is pretty decent though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
The largest discount (can't remember if it's 7 or 8% off invoice) is with both Tread Lightly and using Gupton's finance. Not sure if that's what you got. Daniel would have written that down for you in his email. If your deal requires Tread Lightly, and you aren't currently a member, do sign up right away, as there is a 30-day waiting period before you can use it.

I believe Gupton now requires you to make at least 7 payments before you can payoff or refinance (if you finance with them). So you have to consider that fact and weigh if the (perhaps?) higher interest you pay is worth the additional 1% discount. 2.7% for 48-month is pretty decent though.
They do 6% below invoice, another 1% for affiliate, another 1% for financing for a total of 8.

People should check the FCA affiliate site also, especially if they work for a big corporation. My employer was there so I didn't need to join TL.

MikenDallas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
Anyone hear about the affiliate discount going away on October 1st?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I bought mine back in July. We did financing the week before I arrived to pick my Jeep up. I got a rate from my bank, just to have in my back pocket, but Daniel's was lower, so I just did that and took the full discount.

You should also go to Jeep.com and at the very bottom sign up for updates or whatever. I ended up getting emailed a $1,000 cash allowance directly from FCA ~a week before my Jeep arrived that way. YMMV and it's not an always-on or guaranteed thing, but it's worth a shot. Mine specifically excluded Rubicons, but others have reported that theirs didn't.

Otherwise we did the same - flew in to Nashville, Uber'd out to the dealership (~40 min) and then drove home. Daniel offered to pick us up but I uber'd cause I wanted to get there as close to open as possible, to give us the most time on the road.

The team at Gupton have this down to a science - I was on the road within an hour of arriving, and I spent ~20-30 min of that chatting with another forum member who was picking up at the same time. No surprises at the finance table - everything was exactly as we'd discussed. Walter spent ~5 min running through the standard extended warranty, service plans, etc. Had them written out on a paper, I let him do his spill, politely declined, and that was that - no pressure, no biggie. He just needs to be able to say that he offered.

I *did* have to ask them to remove the dealership badge they'd put on the back panel, but it was no biggie - it was gone by the time I finished paperwork.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
No. What did you hear about that?
I know the dealership I ordered from was asked by Stellantis to stop accepting after 8/23 but nothing beyond that
Sponsored