Sponsored

Gullwing Hardtop Window with Storage / Water / Kitchen???

Would you be interested in such a storage solution?

• Total voters

adam1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL 4dr
Hi there,
I have been searching high and low to find something like the photo attached for a Wrangler JL Hardtop. A flip-up or flip-down window with a cargo solution behind it. I know that the space is limited but there is still enough space there to be useful for various things. Has anyone done this? If not, I am thinking of manufacturing it. Would anyone by interested or am I alone :)?

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 16.09.50.png
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Looks interesting. It will depend on the price, how the final version looks, difficulty of installation, any other trade offs, etc.

BTW, the Sky One Touch roof has removable quarter panels. To me, thatā€™s its most appealing feature. Although it wouldnā€™t be nearly as convenient to remove with the cargo area loaded to the top.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gullwing Hardtop Window with Storage / Water / Kitchen??? 1638373150271

PS - Keep in mind thereā€™s a fixed roll bar right the quarter panel you will have to deal with.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I saw some flip windows at GSMJI, I believe it was Bull Dawg Mfg. I think they were full replacement tops, and didn't have JL availability yet.

https://www.bulldawgmfg.com/

OP
OP
adam1978

adam1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL 4dr
Thanks guys. The idea would be not to replace the whole hardtop, but to only take out the window and replace the window with the Gullwing like storage solution.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Once upon a time I owned a 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser. There's a guy named Kevin who innovates on some very cool stuff. One of those things is flip out windows, as you describe.

No need to re-invent the wheel. Perhaps he can help you on your pursuit.

http://wagongear.com/shop/flip-up-hatch-window/

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I would really like this for my 2 Dr, Jeff Scherb did modular JK hard Tops, over on the JK Forum, hope SOMEONE does this for the JL. Thanks for asking

OP
OP
adam1978

adam1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL 4dr
What about an exterior mounted one without replacing the windows? Mounting similar to this product
https://www.trailrax.com/collections/trailrax-products/products/pak-rax-jl-2018-current
I saw this and I think that it is a decent solution for small things that can be exposed to outside elements (like jerry cans, etc), but I am looking to create something that is locked and protected and does not create wind noise and utilises that bit of "wasted space" between the window and the roll cage.

OP
OP
adam1978

adam1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL 4dr
Once upon a time I owned a 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser. There's a guy named Kevin who innovates on some very cool stuff. One of those things is flip out windows, as you describe.

No need to re-invent the wheel. Perhaps he can help you on your pursuit.

http://wagongear.com/shop/flip-up-hatch-window/
Thanks mate. Indeed, I have found many solutions for flip-up windows, but no solution for cargo management that goes with that.

Sponsored

jalfo0927

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.0 Diesel
Has anyone had any luck find a solution like this? Would really like a flip down option with a box for storage on the sides? Maybe something custom a shop can do?
Sponsored