NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello JL Forum,

I installed my Warn Zeon Winch a couple of months ago and wired it directly to the battery as I wasn't sure how I wanted to mount the power interrupt kit at the time. Well, I figured out the bracket I wanted to use and was looking for some guidance for wiring to the Aux Switches.

I am using this JL audio fuse holder bracket that I drilled a couple holes into to mount the power interrupt kit. It'll look clean in the engine bay, is high quality, sturdy, and close to the battery. - Win for me as I didn't have to fab something up -

https://www.jlaudio.com/products/sba-j-jl-fhb-stealthbox-accessories-99838

From what I understand, all I need to do is wire the yellow wire that came with the warn kit directly to aux 4 wire next to the battery, is this correct?

Also, what wire loom is everyone running? I see most have covered the yellow and green wires from the kit with protective loom.
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can check my build thread - i recently wired my interrupt/isolator to my AUX1.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
learn about relays. they have 2 loops. one is low amps, just activates a magnetic/mechanical switch. the 2nd loop handles high current. this way you don't need a switch and wiring to a switch that runs 200 amps. the 2nd loop handles the high amps through low gauge (very thick) wiring.

https://components.omron.com/relay-basics/basic

typically the "isolator" kits you pay big $$$ for are just a $25 starter relay with a wiring harness.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Hello JL Forum,

I installed my Warn Zeon Winch a couple of months ago and wired it directly to the battery as I wasn't sure how I wanted to mount the power interrupt kit at the time. Well, I figured out the bracket I wanted to use and was looking for some guidance for wiring to the Aux Switches.

I am using this JL audio fuse holder bracket that I drilled a couple holes into to mount the power interrupt kit. It'll look clean in the engine bay, is high quality, sturdy, and close to the battery. - Win for me as I didn't have to fab something up -

https://www.jlaudio.com/products/sba-j-jl-fhb-stealthbox-accessories-99838

From what I understand, all I need to do is wire the yellow wire that came with the warn kit directly to aux 4 wire next to the battery, is this correct?

Also, what wire loom is everyone running? I see most have covered the yellow and green wires from the kit with protective loom.
Look at my build, I used a 500 amp relay from amazon to handle this.
Sponsored