Sponsored

Guesstimate for shop charge to install Mopar 2 inch life kit?

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
My local Dealer just quoted me $1050 for the install. I'll be looking elsewhere.
Sponsored

Nokki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
I was just quoted $2400 plus tax in Frisco. There has got to be a better deal somewhere in DFW this is crazy.

Sponsored

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I was just quoted $2400 plus tax in Frisco. There has got to be a better deal somewhere in DFW this is crazy.
Scroll up to post #85. Sounds like you can get a good deal in Lewisville.

Edit: Hmmm... the post numbers changed. It's now showing as post 83. It's a post from @Bearman95
Quoted:
"Mopar lift, alignment, tax and lifetime warranty, $1710 out the door. My dealer did mine which is Huffines in Lewisville. They matched Amazons price on the lift and they did a great job on it too, My Rubicon rides and drives perfectly,"

18jlsahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler sahara, 2016 Jeep Cerokee, 1992 Jeep Wrangler
Does anyone know if the dealer has to install the lift in order to not void the warranty or can i just do it myself? My local dealer said their price is $8995 for the 2 inch mopar lift and install. It roughly comes out to $7800 in labor costs with the lift being around $1100 on extreme terrain as of yesterday.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My local Dealer just quoted me $1050 for the install. I'll be looking elsewhere.
LOL my dealer charge me 400 what a joke please tell us this dealer so we can all put the word out stay away from that place. Let's no one go to that dealer in spend any money

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Does anyone know if the dealer has to install the lift in order to not void the warranty or can i just do it myself? My local dealer said their price is $8995 for the 2 inch mopar lift and install. It roughly comes out to $7800 in labor costs with the lift being around $1100 on extreme terrain as of yesterday.
The left sales for most places 1500. 1 got mine for 1350 at mymdealer and 400 installed

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you're in the Dallas-Fort Worth area go out to Weatherford Texas Rodger Williams Chrysler the aftermarket department is run by a man named Sean.he's awesome he's a perfectionist he will make sure everything is right before you leave he does quality control rides and everything he does mine writes perfect no death wobble they did the alignment reprogrammed it it is perfect I have no problems like everyone Tom and how they have problems on their lift by Mopar I have no problem because it was done right the first time talk to Sean out there he'll make you a deal know when does better work than him in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as far as I'm talk t Rodger Williams Weatherford Texas

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It's obviously thise dealerships don't want to put them on they know damn well that's way overpriced way overpriced

Ancbanker

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Question: Did anyone who had the Mopar 2” lift kit installed on a JLU Rubicon have to get a new adjustable trackbar and or steering stabilizer? Also any bowing issues still around? Thanks

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Question: Did anyone who had the Mopar 2” lift kit installed on a JLU Rubicon have to get a new adjustable trackbar and or steering stabilizer? Also any bowing issues still around? Thanks
I had mine installed last July. I've had no problems and no I did not have any of that installed and I've had no problems at all. ItIt rides so smooth and I have 37 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I can let go of the steering wheel in a drive straight for a while lots of people say you need this and you need that are you better get that welt until I have problems or not I think a lot of it has to do with who installs it. I've had no bowing either.I think it comes down to who installs it and if they do it the right way. The bowling was an issue in the first ones that went out but that was corrected within a month. I don't know why people think you have to spend three $4,000 for the ride ride live there's does ride good maybe they think it rides better but mine rides smooth as can be right now and I only paid 1300 for the Mopar lift and 400 to have it installed. I think I got a deal.I went to Rodger Williams Chrysler in Weatherford Texas the guy that runs aftermarket apartment there his name is Sean he is a perfectionist and runs a tight ship there. All his mechanics are good and if it doesn't look right or ride good he doesn't let it leave the shop. He test drives everything before it leaves and like I said he treats it like it's his own. Most dealers only do Mopar stuff but they do every brand and anything out there you want. Every brand of everything they put on for you. You don't find that at most dealers it's a complete aftermarket shop.

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
Wife bought a 5300 mile JLU Sahara two weeks ago. It had three initial bouts of steering wobble so I scheduled a dealer appointment. While there, I asked about the Mopar lift. First quote was $2000.
I told them it was too much and “no thanks”. They ended up dropping the price to $1500. I’m scheduled this week to have it done. BTW- the tech (I know his brother) diagnosed the steering stabilizer as being bad and ordered an updated one. He said they have had several JL’s in for everything ranging from slight steering wobble to full on death wobble. Lots of steering stabilizers changed, tires replaced, alignments, tire balances, etc. none of the Mopar lifted ones have come back for steering issues.

Sniggih1981

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer just quoted me $1600 for
The lift and 10hrs labor at $180/hr. Wtf. Are they insane!! Told me if I get it done outside a Jeep dealer it will void the warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited: