Sponsored

Guesstimate for shop charge to install Mopar 2 inch life kit?

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Who said the springs will bow? Kinda a dick thing to say.
There’s been a lot of folks who have the factory 2” lift bow pretty bad, like touching the shock bad....obviously that’s not every lift but many have had that issue. Hopefully that gets worked out soon.
Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Thanks for the response, my question still is what warranty do you lose on a self install vs dealer install?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I expect my JLUR in mid May. Was at dealership yesterday and did some inquiring about the Mopar lift and install. Parts guy (trust him and been doing business with him for 15 years) said $1499 retail for the lift. My trusted service advisor wasn't there so I asked a different guy (dealt with him once and walked away with a lousy taste in my mouth) and he asked me how mush the parts were... I told him and he said "3 inch lift?" I told him a Mopar 2", they didn't have a 3". He said it was a 14 hour install and final price with the parts was $4100... I laughed and walked off. He never consulted anything to look for the correct pricing. My sales guy (trusted) will ask my service guy and let me know.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I paid 1495 for the lift and $400 to install the lift, and the Mopar tire relocation/reinforcement bracket... only use a dealer that specializes in accessories. My dealer would typically do the lift only for $400 but did it all since I am a repeat customer.... Dave Smiths in Kellogg Idaho

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's about as bad as one of the aftermarket jobs I want to say his name here in town wanted 6 hours labor to put on the for Smittybilt xrc metal fenders the real small ones when it's 6 hours I paid four wheel parts an hour and a half labor I waited on it and watch them from outside through the bay. One guy did it in an hour and a half they charge me for an hour and a half and this other aftermarket chopped is pretty well known in town and everyone goes to him because his nickname is million-dollar Mike. I've known the owner for 20 years or more and try to tell me it's going to take 6 hours and they charged hour-and-a-half and did an hour-and-a-half unbelievable and they still to this day try to tell me that's a six-hour job I just laughed. When I tell them what four wheel parts charge me and did he said they must have had four people on it one doing each fender.r I laughed again and said one guy I watch them it's just you're so used to ripping people off for so many years and people pay it that you don't even realize you're ripping people off. And that's what it usually comes down to if people pay the prices they continue to do it for so long and get away with it they don't even realize what they're doing or they don't care just like the dealerships most of them

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I've got something minor right now wrong with my JK and I need just have them look at it they would probably know if the fan is sticking or not in 10 minutes but they said no it's $135 an hour check out fee if there's nothing wrong with it we still going to charge you $135 that's why they're called Stealer ships

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've had 2 different dealers tell me $800 installed and it extends the 1 year warranty out to 3 year. I think I'll do it myself since I have most of the tools already.

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I got a call back from my sales guy and he said it was $1800 labor charge at my dealership. Won't be getting it done there. May just wait and put 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers on. They shouldn't rub without the lift. By the time they wear out I should have a better feel if I need a lift and there should be other options out there as well.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I got a call back from my sales guy and he said it was $1800 labor charge at my dealership. Won't be getting it done there. May just wait and put 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers on. They shouldn't rub without the lift. By the time they wear out I should have a better feel if I need a lift and there should be other options out there as well.
I just don’t understand how they can charge that much.. Estimated install time is 4-6 hours, mine was done in 2 hours by 2 techs, one passenger and one driver. You’re making a good decision in not having them do it for 2 reasons, one is $$ and the other is they obviously have no experience doing these lifts or it’s contracted out. ~400/hour is insane. Call a few more installers if you can

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Maybe I'll drive up to Idaho to get it done...
If Dennis Dillon in Boise is closer to you, check them.. I’m not sure what they charge but they move a lot of inventory or contact Pete Peters in Kellogg Idaho at Dave Smiths. They will charge you $500... my family has purchased 9 or 10 vehicles from them so I got it done for 400... the only reason I suggest checking in at Dillons is there is more to do in Boise...Kellogg is pretty much Dave Smiths!! LOL...one last thing, since you’re going there they can also tint the driver and passenger front windows and do whatever else you may want

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I appreciate the info. Still on the fence due to the enormous outlay of bucks - lift/tires/wheels - just after the Jeep purchase. It will all happen, just not sure if I can reasonably (and responsibly) fund it right now.

cstedman

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
When I picked up my Rubicon and did all the paper work. Got the mopar 2" lift w install $2,300 with Warranty. So if they bow or if I break it they will fix it. He tried to tell me the lift itself was 4k, I wasn' born yesterday. I still thought it was a little expensive, but I figure I don't have to do it and I can break it :devil:. I'll post a pic when the lift is on if anyone is interested.
I just paid for the 2 inch lift, install and tax at our dealer, $2189. I felt that was fair.
Sponsored