Sponsored

Guesstimate for shop charge to install Mopar 2 inch life kit?

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer just quoted me $1600 for
The lift and 10hrs labor at $180/hr. Wtf. Are they insane!! Told me if I get it down outside a Jeep dealer it will void the warranty.
That's crazy. Plus this whole thing about voiding the warranty if the lift is installed elsewhere is debatable too. In my experience in my area, dealers have the least experience installing jeep lifts. 4by4 performance shops in my area have been installing lifts for years, and I trust their expertise more then the dealers. I've seen many posts of dealers installing things backwards. So if they void a warranty for installing a Mopar lift elsewhere, at a reputable performance shop, that's nonsense. First of all, most likely, if installed properly, a lift will not be the cause to the most common Jeep problems. So they technically can't void your warranty if the lift did not directly cause the issue. And secondly, dealerships are getting paid for any warranty work they do in your car, so it is up to them if they don't want to service you and pull the "this voided your warranty" card. Because if they are getting paid for the work from Jeep, who cares. Unless they are so busy they don't need the work or they are just a-holes.
Sponsored

Sniggih1981

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I agree. There is a good 4x4 place by me I’m gonna call and see what they say. If it’s done correctly nothing should go wrong.

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. There is a good 4x4 place by me I’m gonna call and see what they say. If it’s done correctly nothing should go wrong.
That's the route I would recommend. You should get a better price and you will definitely get more experience. I had my lift done at a Jeep performance shop with 25+ years experience in lifting Jeeps, and I couldn't be happier. The install is flawless. And the Jeep has handled better and been smoother w/ the lift. Although I did replace the steering stabilizer with a FOX one at the time before they started recalling the factory ones, so that may be part of the reason, who knows. But the FOX shocks are great, so you should be happy w/ the Mopar lift. I personally went w/ a JKS lift w/ FOX shocks, just because it had a few extra components the Mopar lift did not, and at the time the Mopar lift was having issues with the bowing, but I believe that has been resolved now. I would see what the performance shop has to say about it all, especially now that they've had a good year or so installing lifts on JLs.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
My Mopar lift was installed by my dealer for $400

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I just left my dealer, where they said it was a 2-day job and likely in the area of $4k. I started calling other dealers. One told me they needed me to make an appointment and come in for a price, because there are a lot of factors? I'm literally trying to spend $2k somewhere on Long Island and just need one Jeep dealership to take my $$.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I just left my dealer, where they said it was a 2-day job and likely in the area of $4k. I started calling other dealers. One told me they needed me to make an appointment and come in for a price, because there are a lot of factors? I'm literally trying to spend $2k somewhere on Long Island and just need one Jeep dealership to take my $$.
you should cost you about $1,800 to 2000 most if you're in the fort Worth area go to Roger Williams Chrysler in Weatherford ask for Sean in aftermarket department you won't pay more than $2,000 if not less. I have mine done there two years ago and they have an awesome aftermarket department there. bellport anything on you want aftermarket and the prices are great Sean is a perfectionist it will be done right or it doesn't leave

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
you should cost you about $1,800 to 2000 most if you're in the fort Worth area go to Roger Williams Chrysler in Weatherford ask for Sean in aftermarket department you won't pay more than $2,000 if not less. I have mine done there two years ago and they have an awesome aftermarket department there. bellport anything on you want aftermarket and the prices are great Sean is a perfectionist it will be done right or it doesn't leave
Does your estimate include the cost of the lift? My dealer charged me $400.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Does your estimate include the cost of the lift? My dealer charged me $400.
I paid about $1,500 for the lift and about $400 for labor. That was 2 years ago I know the price of the lift has come down a lot you can call Roger Williams Chrysler in Weatherford Texas telling you want to talk to Sean in the aftermarket department tell them or tell Sean I gave you his name and number and told you to call him talk to him he will take care of you I promise you want me to nicer guy and he's a perfectionist everything is done right like I said

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I paid about $1,500 for the lift and about $400 for labor. That was 2 years ago I know the price of the lift has come down a lot you can call Roger Williams Chrysler in Weatherford Texas telling you want to talk to Sean in the aftermarket department tell them or tell Sean I gave you his name and number and told you to call him talk to him he will take care of you I promise you want me to nicer guy and he's a perfectionist everything is done right like I said
I’m already lifted and paid almost exactly what you paid. I was responding to some of the other members being quoted insane rates. I’m actually getting my JL ready for sale to order the 392

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I’m already lifted and paid almost exactly what you paid. I was responding to some of the other members being quoted insane rates. I’m actually getting my JL ready for sale to order the 392
Is that your red Rubicon in the photo ? I wished i would have waited and look into getting those mopar wheels with the ring you powder coated like yours is red. But i had already spent a lot on wheels and tires when i found about them. I like the ones that are like that by mopar they are not beadlocks so i don't have to mess with that and still have that look. but those mopar wheels are around 350 per wheel yikes lol I should waited and i could have got hem when i first did everything to my Rubicon, but i cant after i already spent a lot on the wheels i have now. Wow you're gonna spend the money on a 392 ? What are you hearing on a Rubicon 392 cost ? i wouldn't want it in a sport which i heard thats what their making first

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Is that your red Rubicon in the photo ? I wished i would have waited and look into getting those mopar wheels with the ring you powder coated like yours is red. But i had already spent a lot on wheels and tires when i found about them. I like the ones that are like that by mopar they are not beadlocks so i don't have to mess with that and still have that look. but those mopar wheels are around 350 per wheel yikes lol I should waited and i could have got hem when i first did everything to my Rubicon, but i cant after i already spent a lot on the wheels i have now. Wow you're gonna spend the money on a 392 ? What are you hearing on a Rubicon 392 cost ? i wouldn't want it in a sport which i heard thats what their making first
Thank you for the compliment. The wheels are actually DV8 882’s and can be mounted DOT or Beadlock which is the same as Mopar. I prefer the beadlock but you’ll need a shop that’ll mount and balance them. I spend a lot of time in sand or snow so single digit PSI is preferred. Now I just need horsepower which the 392 will have in spades!!!
Sponsored