Sponsored

Guesstimate for shop charge to install Mopar 2 inch life kit?

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Fair enough - but I was and the prices quoted are referring to a new kit & install. But that's a good deal on a local pickup
The install is seriously easy , ive done these in 4 hours or less... plus youll need that extra Money for a track bar and a rear bracket ....
Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The install is seriously easy , ive done these in 4 hours or less... plus youll need that extra Money for a track bar and a rear bracket ....
No you won’t not if the lift is installed correctly and your jeeps geometry is correct from the factory which some are not. After having the dealer install mine my front and rear axles were only off around a quarter of an inch and since it has settled both axles are centered. The jeep drives and rides perfectly. I ended up with around 2 1/4 inches of height on the rear and about 2 1/2 on the front. I have steel bumpers and a Warn winch sitting on the front which I’m sure helps settle the lift.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I've build race motors for drag cars, build my Hellcat to 880whp etc etc. I'll let someone else do it for the small cost, not a big deal.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Full lift kit install is roughly 8 hours of work for an individual that knows what they are doing. I can not provide cost of service as every shop charges different prices for labor. I get employee pricing for $55 per hour of work, so guesstimating it would be north of that.
The Mopar kit takes roughly 2 hours total to install. My shop charged me $250 with alignment.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I just had mine installed 2 weeks ago! $1721.94 out the door. I took advantage of the current 15% off offer on MOPAR accessories and a special dealer shop rate of $85/hr on accessories purchased thru them. They charged me for 4 hours labor. No wonder they are installing 20-25 lifts per month in the Phoenix area. Heggs Jeep in Mesa!
Labor is cheap in Mesa :) Airpark doesn't charge hourly anymore from what I was told, per job now. Not sure what they'd charge but I'm just going to install it myself anyway. I gotta pay for an alignment though, but that's $40 to a friend who works at a shop. I can get the lift for 19% off online.

$250 w/ alignment is a good price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No dealer in Las Vegas will touch it for under $2,000. Got a quote for up to $3300.

So 4WheelParts in Vegas will be doing mine, fair deal with alignment included imo. Time spent looking for other places to save $100 and they may or may not do the alignment with it, this makes it easy when I'm ready. (Jeep should be here in 4-6wks... ordered 11/6/18)

Quoted $1,999.99 tax and all (with a kit price of $1495) unless I find cheaper and they'll match it. Found one for $1,295... so should be roughly $1800 out the door at 4WheelParts here if the sale is still good when the Jeep arrives to me
$3,300? How? I mean the parts are like $1500 at most from a reputable place. They want $1800 for the install? LOL. So $900 an hour? Find this a bit hard to believe. Then again, money.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
What shop did you use? I'm also in DFW area, and just got quoted something ridiculous from the dealer.
Mopar lift, alignment, tax and lifetime warranty, $1710 out the door. My dealer did mine which is Huffines in Lewisville. They matched Amazons price on the lift and they did a great job on it too, My Rubicon rides and drives perfectly,

GravesJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Mopar lift, alignment, tax and lifetime warranty, $1710 out the door. My dealer did mine which is Huffines in Lewisville. They matched Amazons price on the lift and they did a great job on it too, My Rubicon rides and drives perfectly,
Perfect! I'll check them out. Got quoted $3400 from AutoNation North Richland Hills... So, really appreciate the tip!!!

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Perfect! I'll check them out. Got quoted $3400 from AutoNation North Richland Hills... So, really appreciate the tip!!!
You’re welcome and you will really like the mopar lift, I took it out to Bridgeport a while back to the off-road park and it performed flawlessly!

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's insanity!!! How was the quote broken down?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. So higher than MSRP and a crazy install price. Lol. Guess they didn’t want to do it.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
$3,300? How? I mean the parts are like $1500 at most from a reputable place. They want $1800 for the install? LOL. So $900 an hour? Find this a bit hard to believe. Then again, money.
They are charging markup for the kit as well as a set price for install (not an hourly) which we all know is total BS, but can't make them charge what they refuse to charge... sooo I found a local place that will do it for the right price, and I'll be going there. Jeep arrives via train 1/19, and hopefully the dealer will get it from the yard quick. Then off to order it all up and get it rolling right.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Means they just probably didn't want to deal with it. Not worth the headache unless you were willing to bite.
Sponsored