Sponsored

Guesstimate for shop charge to install Mopar 2 inch life kit?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Does any one have an estimate about what a dealership/shop will charge to install the new Mopar 2 inch lift kit?
If possible, I will have the dealership order the kit at the same time they order the new Rubi and install it before I pick it up. Do you think I will get a good install price since I will be buying the Jeep from them at the same time?
Sponsored

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Some of the Mopar parts will be available at the time of order to be factory installed. I think the lift is one of them, does anyone know for sure. Of course when you plan to order vs when they start installing the accessories in the factory is still a factor as well.

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Full lift kit install is roughly 8 hours of work for an individual that knows what they are doing. I can not provide cost of service as every shop charges different prices for labor. I get employee pricing for $55 per hour of work, so guesstimating it would be north of that.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Does any one have an estimate about what a dealership/shop will charge to install the new Mopar 2 inch lift kit?
If possible, I will have the dealership order the kit at the same time they order the new Rubi and install it before I pick it up. Do you think I will get a good install price since I will be buying the Jeep from them at the same time?
I thought someone mentioned the shop manual showed 2 hours for installation time so take the shop rate times 2, maybe 3. I would also budget for an alignment. I might be wrong about this, maybe the 2 hours was for a simpler lift!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Chuck, Someone/a shop with a lift can do the install in about 4 hours. Can be done in the driveway with jack stands in 6-7+- hours.

You'd need to know what hourly shop labor rate is to calculate the install cost. Can tell you that your Jeep dealership is probably gonna say 6-7 hours for the install They may say "we are not 100% sure and we will bill you for actual time to do the install" and then they charge you between 6-8 hrs. In the end you will pay for the install a couple of hundred+ less $ then what you paid for the lift itself...especially if the shop hourly labor rate is high like it is here in NY.

One way to save lots of $... (many $ that you can put toward the install at the Jeep dealer) and still have the Mopar warranty in place, is to shop the internet for the Mopar lift. There are Mopar vendors that provide free shipping and sell for many $ less, the same 2" Mopar lift that your local dealer does. You can have the lift kit drop shipped to the dealer or to your house. Kit in box easily fits in the back of the Wrangler. Once you get the kit, dealer installs, you have your warranty. So.... you are saving $ on the cost of the lift which off sets the $ spent for the dealer install. OF COURSE, what I have said is a mute point if you want the lift paid for by the new car loan $.

Were it me I would not be buying the 2" Mopar lift until the issues with it are worked out!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I thought someone mentioned the shop manual showed 2 hours for installation time so take the shop rate times 2, maybe 3. I would also budget for an alignment. I might be wrong about this, maybe the 2 hours was for a simpler lift!
Local dealership, local shop, No way they can to do the install in two hours, lift or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I was wondering what typical shop hours would be for the 2 inch lift kit. There is a Youtube video of someone with their own shop lift that showed him taking about 2+ hours. If I had my own lift..I would probably be doing the install my self. If the shop installs cost $1500, I will probably install my own two tower lift. I then would have the benefit of easy oil changes, etc. doing them myself.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Full lift kit install is roughly 8 hours of work for an individual that knows what they are doing. I can not provide cost of service as every shop charges different prices for labor. I get employee pricing for $55 per hour of work, so guesstimating it would be north of that.
Did a similar on a JK in the driveway using jack stands. Never did the same install before. Took me and a buddy about 6.5 hrs.. JL is nothing special, lift install would be the same..

The install is straight forward. Can be done with floor jack, basic hand tools and a decent ft-lb torque wrench and a second set of hands. A Jeep dealership tech that is the one that does all/most of their lift installs/ has a clue, can do the lift easily in 4 hrs. as long as they leave him alone to do the job and he has an occasional 2nd set of hands when he needs same.. With that said, 4 hrs. to do the install, but in reality dealership tech doing your install, on the clock, is going to charge you for 7-8 hours probably.

Last edited:

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I was wondering what typical shop hours would be for the 2 inch lift kit. There is a Youtube video of someone with their own shop lift that showed him taking about 2+ hours. If I had my own lift..I would probably be doing the install my self. If the shop installs cost $1500, I will probably install my own two tower lift. I then would have the benefit of easy oil changes, etc. doing them myself.
Install can and is often done using jack stands. Do-able but more time consuming without a shop lift.

Search around locally as you can probably find a local guy to do it in his shop on say a weekend (non regular business day) for say $400-600 "CASH" depending on where you live.
Chances are he will do a better job then your local dealership tech.

Another plus is often the guy with the little shadetree garage will let you chip in with the install so it is easier for him and a bonding experience for you and your vehicle.

Last edited:

HawkRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dakota RT, 05 Rubicon, 17 Challenger Hellcat
When I picked up my Rubicon and did all the paper work. Got the mopar 2" lift w install $2,300 with Warranty. So if they bow or if I break it they will fix it. He tried to tell me the lift itself was 4k, I wasn' born yesterday. I still thought it was a little expensive, but I figure I don't have to do it and I can break it :devil:. I'll post a pic when the lift is on if anyone is interested.

Sponsored

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
When I picked up my Rubicon and did all the paper work. Got the mopar 2" lift w install $2,300 with Warranty. So if they bow or if I break it they will fix it. He tried to tell me the lift itself was 4k, I wasn' born yesterday. I still thought it was a little expensive, but I figure I don't have to do it and I can break it :devil:. I'll post a pic when the lift is on if anyone is interested.
@HawkRubicon... Please post photos of your Rubicon before and after te 2” lift. Let us know how the ride is after the lift. Thanks.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Wow, absolutely not , yr wrong. That kit is a 2 hour job at most. It’s 4 coils, 4 shocks and 2 control arms! Bump stops. 8 hours!?! Hahaha maybe for a long a kit with coil overs...

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
This video makes it look pretty easy and straight forward if you have a way to lift it

Sponsored