Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Sucks. You got over as far as you could without a shoulder and slowed down for him.

Hope it’s an easy fix. Maybe Roscoe and Cooter can keep it from being reported to CARFAX.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@sheram - Not sure the local/state laws governing insurance claims but try and ask for a diminished value check to cover the fact that your Carfax will now show an accident against the Jeep. It should cover beyond the repair costs since it’s intended to offset the fact that the value of your vehicle is less because of the filed accident. Refuse the first offer since the first is always usually a low ball.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Have an attorney contact them, they will more then likely buy you a brand new wrangler. Glad everyone is ok. It’s getting more and more unsafe for officers to run emergency traffic but everyones problem is the most important in the world and they want the officers there 5 minutes ago.

OP
OP
sheram

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
@sheram - Not sure the local/state laws governing insurance claims but try and ask for a diminished value check to cover the fact that your Carfax will now show an accident against the Jeep. It should cover beyond the repair costs since it’s intended to offset the fact that the value of your vehicle is less because of the filed accident. Refuse the first offer since the first is always usually a low ball.
I will. I seen that movie before but you never know the true loss until you try snd sell or trade.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I will. I seen that movie before but you never know the true loss until you try snd sell or trade.
Correct but my thought is something is better than nothing! Good luck with everything!

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Get your dashcam here.
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/dashcam-buyers-guide

They import a lot of cams from overseas who tend to have the best tech. Anything made in or made for the US isn’t as good.
Also, keep in mind a dashcams footage can be used against you if you’re at fault. If the other driver sues they can request copies of the footage. I think even the police can...not sure though.

Glad to hear they are going to take care of it. Heard other stories where they will try to put blame on the other driver. Having a dashcam is always good to cover/prove your side of the story.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Glad you're ok. Hope it works out for you.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This video and post (thank you Stan) just inspired me to pull the trigger on a dash cam for my Jeep.
I have one in my work truck but it’s obvious anything can happen anywhere. I saw a recent YouTube video where a guy backed up into a woman’s car and tried to claim she ran into him.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I never believed in using dash cams until my RV got sideswiped on the interstate resulting in $21k of damage. I installed a Garmin cam in it. Just installed BlackVue cams front and rear in mine. Nice that they record even while parked to cover those parking lot disasters. HERE

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I think you handled that perfectly. Good example of not panicking and doing something stupid like running into the telephone pole head on to get fully out of the way. I work in auto insurance (the medical side, so I can't help with questions regarding damages to your Jeep). The worst injuries I see are people avoiding something in the road (like a squirrel) and rolling their vehicles over or hitting trees/telephone poles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.