First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
This all happened in about 2 seconds. I saw him coming into the curve and I thought damn he’s flying I’m not sure he’ll make that. I was expecting his back end to loose it but was surprised to see the whole damn car drifting into my lane. I saw a power pole on the right and knew if I swerved hard I’d hit it so I tried to thread the needle and then realized that he wasn’t going to make it by me. After he hit I looked in the mirror a thought he’d roll since he was still flying. He came across to the shoulder just about that pole and finally corrected it. He must have hit my wheel on the back. There is minor damage to the fender but the real problem is the dash lit up like a Christmas tree with all kind of sensor warnings. In addition carfax will show it as a wrecked vehicle now and the value will drop to who knows what. It’s at the Jeep dealership now and I’ll go from there.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
he took that corner a little too fast in the rain. is he taking the blame for it.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Video plays for me

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Wet roads are probably the worst to drive in. Sorry for the wrecked Jeep. Glad to see all are OK, looks like it could have been a lot worse.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Yeah he knows he was too fast. I felt sorry for him he’s just doing his job but I still want my Jeep back like it was.
Whoaaaa that was some SNAFU!!! I am so happy that you are okay but he should have know better than to put others in danger - whether he is in emergency mode. Honestly I think that it is not just the rain. It seems like he does not have both wheels or eyes on the road since it was a sudden swerved on the realization thatvhe got into your lane!!! He could have avoided it earlier if his attention were 100% on the road because if it is in the rain he would not be able to swerved off just like that. That was a very sudden controlled swerve.

All in all I am glad that you are okay. I am sorry about your Jeep and I totally understand a out the accident report that was not your fault at all. But looking at the big picture you got really lucky! And you are so supportive and understanding with is totally awesome (i would have done the same). Merry Christmas to you and I am so thankful that you are still here, alive to celebrate the holidays!!! Thats a lot to be thankful for!!!

Please take care!!!!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
This. This is why I installed a dash camera the day my Wrangler came home. An easy transfer from the Honda that I traded in.

Yeah he knows he was too fast. I felt sorry for him he’s just doing his job but I still want my Jeep back like it was.
He ran into you. ;)

Did he stop? (Not being accusatory here. Possibly a tough choice, re: severity of call being responded to, versus stopping to check on your welfare per the Reasonable Person requirement.)

Did another LEO write the collision report, since having the offending driver doing so is an obvious conflict of interest?

Did you receive any intel regarding how to deal with the relevant insurance carrier?

Sponsored

OP
OP
sheram

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
He did stop and was very nice about the whole thing. He called the State Patrol that has to work accidents involving ACCPD wrecks. Athens Clarke county is self insured. A retired ACCPD friend sez they will be anxious to resolve any problem involving a civilian when they are at fault. He also said that he will have video as well since he is required to have his body cam on when he has lights on. I’ll ask for a copy as soon as it’s available to me.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Damn! Glad they didn’t panic and smash the brakes! Just car parts that got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.