Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Living in Houston, a Lotus would not even be noticed here; maybe an older esprit would draw some conversation at a cars and coffee but outside of that, no. On my way home yesterday I saw two McLaren’s, a new Aston, 4 new Ferrari’s, 1 classic, and the rolls suv, I don’t even count Bentleys anymore as they are really like Camry’s in this part of town. My commute is around 4 miles.
I'm agree with 95% of what you said, except the Lotus comment... or maybe that's just me.

Monmouth County, where Germans sedans are as common as Accords and Camry's and Bentley's and Rolls are generic. Also why other than the classics, I can't stand modern Euros
Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Right...and there are rumors that the 6 will be in lesser models as well.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/porsche-718-cayman-boxster-flat-six-cylinder-engine-gts/

What I was saying was: I wouldn't knock the guy saying he should "buy a real Porsche (911)"... For what it is, even the baseCayman is pretty nice and as others have said, a Cayman and a Wrangler are niche vehicles. Just depends on what you like more....or if you can afford it, get both.
I think we are saying the same thing, I was being silly and saying the 911 thing since he was saying the jeep was junk, allot of it is the price per toy point. My first car I ever drove was a 911 stick and my family is all Porsche so I kinda eat sleep the stuff, but they kinda aren't the biggest fans on my jeep, when to be honest it is a really nice vehicle for its price point and Caymen/Boxster owners really wouldn't be an average vehicle buyer who I would think would hate on it, but higher end 911's I would understand.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I think we are saying the same thing, I was being silly and saying the 911 thing since he was saying the jeep was junk, allot of it is the price per toy point. My first car I ever drove was a 911 stick and my family is all Porsche so I kinda eat sleep the stuff, but they kinda aren't the biggest fans on my jeep, when to be honest it is a really nice vehicle for its price point and Caymen/Boxster owners really wouldn't be an average vehicle buyer who I would think would hate on it, but higher end 911's I would understand.
Always needs to be a rebel sheep in the family who moo's

Sponsored

Harmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
I've owned a couple of Boxsters (986 & 987). Awesome cars for the price. They handle like refined go-karts and are well made. The mid-engine gives them an almost perfect 50/50 balance between the front and rear. The S models are pretty powerful although not American muscle car off-the-line powerful. Great experience, but I don't really miss them. I've mostly aged out of the need for speed although maybe I miss downshifting and then accelerating out of a corner at 6,000+ RPM on a winding country road just a little. ;)

I could not be more excited to be ordering a JLUR this week. I won't have to stay on that winding country road anymore ... let the adventures begin!!!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
My neighbor had a 2014 911 and just sold it, lost 50000 in 5 yrs in depreciation, I told him he was nuts for doing so, he only put 12000 miles on it.. he said he got sick of 500$ oil changes, 1000$ plus excise every year etc shouldof thought of that before he bought it LOL

He didnt replace it, has a truck. Told him I would never sell any of my cars, just add to the fleet, questioned why he bought it in the first place? To me when you dump large amounts of cash, you keep them, will never sell my SRT. My neighbor will be bummed when he sees my new Rubicon in my garage this weekend;)

Rubicon.png

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
It's not a Boxster, but it was a competitor in its day. I barely drive it since getting the Jeep, the sports car is just no good on our crappy, crowded, boring suburban roads. Plus the Jeep is more comfortable, and can take the kids.

2cf5fd3a-6313-471b-9f4f-7fdebcf4186b-jpg.jpg

I took the S2000 out of storage on July 4th, I bet I've put 400 miles on it since then. Just don't have a reason to drive it anymore...

Ekoik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel
I sold my 2013 Porsche C4S for a Grand Cherokee Diesel and then gave the GC to my wife and bought a JLU Rubicon.

Sponsored

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
I showed my wife that article as well...

I have a 2003 Porsche Boxster S I purchased in 2015. Still have it. It's the most fun car I've ever owned for going FAST and TWISTY. Still have it, primarily for Autocross racing and the occasional Porsche Tour.

Recently picked up a 2018 JLUR - it's the most fun I've had off road since my 1966 Bronco way back in 1985-86 (RIP).

They both have their purpose, they both put a smile on my face for very different reasons, and my wife doesn't really like either of them...

i also have a 2008 F450 - best truck I've ever towed with, it pulls pretty much anything and everything!

All I need now is an economical car for commuting... but why when the others are so much more fun!?

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I traded my Cayman for a Gladiator and I still have my MojitoJeep!

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=8703.jpg
Really enjoy your YouTube channel, keep that content coming. And look forward to seeing the progress you make with that JT!

Sgt Krypto

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 SWorks Tarmac, '19 JLR 6mt V6 Silver, '19 GW3/F350 Silver, '01 996 Turbo Silver, '14 991 Turbo-S White (my daily beater), '19 991 Turbo-S Black
Occupation
Village Idiot, Abu Ghraib Prison Electrician
Why trade? Keep boaf of dem:

wranglerboxter.png

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I’m still on the fence. While I’d like to have a JLUR, it would have to be a DD, and I’m not ready to get rid of my DD ‘13 Boxster S to do that. It’s just too damned fun to drive.

Maybe after I see what “Sarge” looks like...
Sponsored