"Guess what the Porsche Boxster and Cayman are being traded in for"

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That's it im buying them.!!! I saw someone selling a full Rubi takeoff set for $200 the other day. With 1500 miles on them.
I think the lift on the stock Rubicon will give me just enough space to to put on noticeably larger tires without changing my geometry, and I have no plans to go Off Roading since its illegal here in NY anyway. Thanks for pushing me over the edge with that picture.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
The owners wised up, the American roads are bad for performance cars. This is exactly why I'm looking at the JLURs and nothing else.
What's the point of speeding when an AGW (Armed Government Worker) is waiting to ruin your life?

That's what I don't get, we build some of the fastest cars in the world, and other than disappearing drag strips and race tracks, where can we enjoy our need for speed?

Reminds me of this

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I really want to respond to the comments on this article where a guy is bashing a guy who said we preferred his loaded up wrangler Rubi, saying his Caymen is way better:CWL:. Like dude the Caymen is junk buy a real Porsche (911) if you'r gonna be a snob, not a Boxster with a 4 banger that sounds like a lawn mower. I personally think Porsche makes great cars but lets be real here the boxster and caymen have the most incredible mid engine platform but then to stop it from competing with the 911 they shot it in the foot with its engine options and for the price there are so much better cars out there. To bash a two door rubi because this guy has a 4 banger boxter just seems silly.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for the compliments. At this point it would cost too much to replace with a newer model so I plan on keeping it. And that goes for the car too.

Bad thing is, now she wants a Jeep. And I can't talk her out of a White Rubicon. And then she said that automatics are for bitches, but I drive an automatic. Jeez.
She's right you know xD

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
But you're making the argument that the Cayman is better than the 911 (which it is in terms of handling). The real problem is the engine choices b/c the 911 purists would get butt hurt if the better mid-engine layout resulted in the 911 no longer being the flag ship. And...the GT4 will be coming with a 6 cyl, JFYI.
The gt4 already had a 6 and we are saying the exact same thing that the car was wounded due to butt hurt 911, but while the rear engine layout is inferior to the mid, it is a better all around car, with handling in mind since the introduction of electric motors and newer turbo systems. I am not only basing this on the hp that the motor makes but in the entire layout of the car at the cars price point. For instance the gt4's price is wayyyy higher than the boxter or caymen as it should be, but now competes with higher models of the 911.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dad had a Boxster S, it was a sweet little car, but it was automatic (PDK), so it got old after awhile (Though hey, did take it to Mexico and do a buck 44)

Had a Cayman for a day or two as a Loaner, much better car despite being a base

All you need to do is add more power or do an engine swap and that'll destroy the flag ship. Isn't a 911 a GT anyway vs a Sports Car like the Twins?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While it was no exotic or particularly extraordinary, I just traded in my 485hp Scat Pack on a 2020 2 door JL Rubicon and I haven't stopped smiling.

But to be fair to the car, it is an entirely different animal compared to the Jeep. The power in the car was wasted on me and the Jeep opens me up to a new world of very real possibilities and activities. And if I ever want that V8 sound again there's always an engine swap, right? :rock:
Exactly, always a swap.

Sad thing is, and as I said before, we build the best and fastest cars and yet, there's no where to really speed, since not everyone lives by a track or drag strip and the AGW's are waiting for us to ruin our lives

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Not what I've noticed at all.....way more gawkers, picture takers, comments and questions on the Lotus than even the buggy....which since I built it by hand is a little insulting, lol.

lJe1Ro5.jpg
People just literally don't know what the buggy is. They have no way to relate at all, and/or they figure you had to cobble something together in your back shed 'cause you couldn't afford to buy a "real Jeep."

With the buggy you're the scary Mad Max Road Warrior guy. Soccer moms run back to their HOA boards specifically to write by-laws prohibiting you from their private streets (something I always considered an honor)
Sponsored