Sponsored

"Guess what the Porsche Boxster and Cayman are being traded in for"

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
While it was no exotic or particularly extraordinary, I just traded in my 485hp Scat Pack on a 2020 2 door JL Rubicon and I haven't stopped smiling.

But to be fair to the car, it is an entirely different animal compared to the Jeep. The power in the car was wasted on me and the Jeep opens me up to a new world of very real possibilities and activities. And if I ever want that V8 sound again there's always an engine swap, right? :rock:
Sponsored

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
I can tell you for certain that muscle car owners are not buying a jeep to meet their speed addiction. To muscle car enthusiasts jeeps are very slow, 15s in the quarter mile is nothing.

I still have my muscle car but bought a jeep because they are fun. I also kinda got tired of the speed bug after 20 years.
Either I wrote that wrong or it was misinterpreted , anyways I meant they are upgrading from muscle cars because of the versatility and than I was saying for what it is the Jeep is fast (faster than any other SUV ive had except the Denali at around 300Hp V6) , obviously the Jeep is as fast as a muscle car and not in the same category of vehicle …

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I personally wouldn't own a Porsche. Just kidding, i would definitely own a Porsche.

I think the correlation that exists is that most of us are car people and Wranglers and performance sports cars are niche vehicles made for enthusiasts. Do most of us need a Rubicon, no. Do any of us need a car with 700HP, no. But damnit this is America and I'm not driving a Chrysler 300.

I love to wheel. I love to go fast.

IMG_7142[1].JPG

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nooooooo wayyyyyy......

697AC8E5-8185-4E88-92DB-A8E16B69DFA6.jpeg
Your Viper looks great, your Rubicon appears mostly stock; so in your case I agree. If you built it up and put it on 40” plus tires and top notch gear I think the pendulum would sway. Won’t know until you try it. Now from a sheer speed perspective Viper wins all day long.
Not what I've noticed at all.....way more gawkers, picture takers, comments and questions on the Lotus than even the buggy....which since I built it by hand is a little insulting, lol.

Living in Houston, a Lotus would not even be noticed here; maybe an older esprit would draw some conversation at a cars and coffee but outside of that, no. On my way home yesterday I saw two McLaren’s, a new Aston, 4 new Ferrari’s, 1 classic, and the rolls suv, I don’t even count Bentleys anymore as they are really like Camry’s in this part of town. My commute is around 4 miles.

My Jeep is built way beyond what most do so perhaps that’s why my experience is different. I also think the Jeep is more relatable to people. Pull up to a place in a Ferrari and you’re likely taken as DB with extra coin; so yep the women who like coin will surely give you attention, a big Jeep and you’re a person who likes to have fun and that’s just liked by more people. Plus I can park where I want and don’t give a shit who parks near me or leans over to take a picture.

Last edited:

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I personally wouldn't own a Porsche. Just kidding, i would definitely own a Porsche.

I think the correlation that exists is that most of us are car people and Wranglers and performance sports cars are niche vehicles made for enthusiasts. Do most of us need a Rubicon, no. Do any of us need a car with 700HP, no. But damnit this is America and I'm not driving a Chrysler 300.

I love to wheel. I love to go fast.

IMG_7142[1].JPG
That Shelby looks nice . How about a few pics

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Interesting article.

In many ways, I think the JL is a game changer. The Wrangler is finally civilized enough to appeal to the group of buyers that includes Porche drivers.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
That Shelby looks nice . How about a few pics
Here's a few. My wife thinks it's hers, since I bought it for her on our anniversary...and said "Happy Anniversary! I bought you a Shelby!" But it's really mine, hahaha.

IMG_7128[1].JPG

IMG_7129[1].JPG

IMG_7130[1].JPG

IMG_7132[1].JPG

IMG_7137[1].JPG

IMG_7151[1].JPG

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a few. My wife thinks it's hers, since I bought it for her on our anniversary...and said "Happy Anniversary! I bought you a Shelby!" But it's really mine, hahaha.

IMG_7128[1].JPG

IMG_7129[1].JPG

IMG_7130[1].JPG

IMG_7132[1].JPG

IMG_7137[1].JPG

IMG_7151[1].JPG
WoW ! It is freakin fantastic ! Keep it forever !

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
WoW ! It is freakin fantastic ! Keep it forever !
Thanks so much for the compliments. At this point it would cost too much to replace with a newer model so I plan on keeping it. And that goes for the car too.

Bad thing is, now she wants a Jeep. And I can't talk her out of a White Rubicon. And then she said that automatics are for bitches, but I drive an automatic. Jeez.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for the compliments. At this point it would cost too much to replace with a newer model so I plan on keeping it. And that goes for the car too.

Bad thing is, now she wants a Jeep. And I can't talk her out of a White Rubicon. And then she said that automatics are for bitches, but I drive an automatic. Jeez.
Too funny. I almost added in my post about the Shelby: " and the car is nice too " great minds think alike

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Agreed. The Lotus IMO, is at best an entry level roadster and not really an "exotic"....but people still classify them as such, probably b/c of the rarity, more than anything. Not sure why people think it's fascinating, but it's a helluva lot of fun to drive. It's still considered one of the best handling cars ever made.

By contrast, the big lifted Jeep guy AND the exotic car guy will both be accused of having a small penis and mine is tiny and my balls are kept in one of my wife's expensive ass purses, so no worries there. :like:

And the ladies that are mainly into guys with extra coin usually come with nicely upgraded "accessories" as well....along with a lot of other baggage, lol.
I’ve heard that joke about the cock n balls. I just say I lifted it to lessen gravities effects. Lol

Yes, the Lotus Elise was a once in a lifetime to own. Super fun, road go kart. I think the 4C is a comparable car for today’s time, I had one for a few weeks. Fun but I’m too tall.
Sponsored