Sponsored

Guess I should have ordered a Ford Bronco!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Just use a cigarette lighter? Or a quarter are literally anything with an edge and big enough to have leverage on your thumb.
To get your visa in Germany, you have to prove you can open an beer with at least 5 different common items.
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I was at a party last night and my neighbors college aged daughter used her teeth to open a bottle for me. I was impressed and concerned at the same time.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
LOl, I saw the bunch of Broncos at EJS a little over a week ago. They were trying to crash Jeep's party. Gimicks like this, though, are simply not going to get it done.

The big test was when we drove by a bunch of them, including built versions by ARB and 4wp. The 3 of my kids who were with me did not notice them. They all saw them, but said nothing at all. In fact, they noticed and called out a built Gladiator that was parked near the ARB Bronco. But they didn't say a word about the Bronco.

You can't get to the pinnacle or become an icon through marketing alone. You have to have a story. Jeep has an epic story (WWII). Bronco's story is Lee Ioccoca or one of the Ford family looking at an International Scout and saying, "We need something like that." Then they copied the styling and made a much better vehicle. That is no icon. It is only an icon in Ford's marketing department's imagination. The Bronco is more about nostalgia or throw back and less about being iconic. And it is brought to you by the same folks who think the Mustang Mach E is a good idea.

The closest it ever came to becoming one or having a real story of its own was the OJ chase. Unfortunately for Ford, that Bronco had 80's styling that had no history and meant nothing to anyone. It was nice, but nothing special.

ShawnaTally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR Tuscadero, '21 JLR Hydro Blue
I joked with my husband about getting the Bronco, and then I went to look at them again. They just look like a smaller Ford Edge... Which is not a flattering look for something that's supposed to be competing with Wranglers.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I use my teeth..bottle opener not an option

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
$40k+ in debt for a built in bottle opener?
$40k? Have you looked at Jeeps prices lately? Anything other than a base Jeep is $50k + in Northeast TN.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I didn't realize the new Ford Bronco comes with a built in bottle opener.

If I'd known, that there might not be a 2021 Jeep Wrangler in my garage! :giggle:
the-2021-ford-broncos-production-plant-will-skip-summer-shutdown_68.jpg
I know this is a joke but that is a Bronco Sport. The Bronco has it on the Roll Bar :D
Also, in the Wrangler you just use the tailgate door latch

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Don't need to a new Bronco...
All you need is a cheep pair of sunglasses with a built in bottle opener.

Jeep Wrangler JL Guess I should have ordered a Ford Bronco! Sunglasses Bottle Opener

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I just use the next beer bottle to open the current one, when I am actually drinking bottled beer. Canned beer seems to be so much more in vogue these days... Im not complaining unless I dont have any.

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I know this is a joke but that is a Bronco Sport. The Bronco has it on the Roll Bar :D
Also, in the Wrangler you just use the tailgate door latch
You are correct. See post #43.
Sponsored