litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Well, the replacement of my UConnect radio seems to have (for the most part) fixed the constant reboots it was encountering. Unfortunately, Since then the remote features and health reports have stopped working. Support walked me through doing a reset (clear all personal data) and it worked briefly and is now back to not working.

Curiously, the first time it failed, all my Guardian services were offline. Assist app/button etc. This time around the button still works, but everything else doesn't. When I reached out again they said: "your file indicates you need to take it into the dealer."
Sponsored

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
Well, the replacement of my UConnect radio seems to have (for the most part) fixed the constant reboots it was encountering. Unfortunately, Since then the remote features and health reports have stopped working. Support walked me through doing a reset (clear all personal data) and it worked briefly and is now back to not working.

Curiously, the first time it failed, all my Guardian services were offline. Assist app/button etc. This time around the button still works, but everything else doesn't. When I reached out again they said: "your file indicates you need to take it into the dealer."
my remote start and other functions work 1 tome out of 20. Sirius says to contact Chrysler, and Chrysler says to contact Sirius! Crappy app!

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am having an issue where I am getting alarms on my Sirius Guardian app for my airbag and tire pressure but not on my Jeep. Is that an issue for Sirius or @JeepCares?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am having an issue where I am getting alarms on my Sirius Guardian app for my airbag and tire pressure but not on my Jeep. Is that an issue for Sirius or @JeepCares?
Hi,
Please give our customer care agents a call at 1-877-855-8400. They will be best to assist you with all app questions.

Alison
jeepCares

aftdark

First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon / 2021 Gladiator Mojave
I purchased a used 18 Rubicon on 12/31/21. She only had 6,900 miles on her. I have had jeeps in the past where I would use Guardian to remote start, etc. Of course, this Rubicon didn’t have the service activated. Called them and provided the VIN, the lady was like the previous owner was still tagged in their system. Had to provide the Bill of Sale with my name on it for them to change it. Sent them the the info. Got that all corrected, called backed and signed up for the remote services as that is all I care about. Waited a few hours, tried to update the location of the jeep, failed. Locks failed. Everything failed. Called them back and they were like oh ot can take 24 hours for the services to become active, didnt take 24 hours to charge my card though. Fast forward next day, waited the 24 hours, tried again, everything failed. Called again, this time I actually got someone that seemed like she knew what she was talking about. Explained the situation, and her first question was, did you have the radio replaced. I said no we just bought it. She then proceeds to tell me that some of the units in the 2018 have telematics that go bad. She sent a request code from her side, and it also failed. She was able to see ALL the request I was doing from my side as well. She then had me go out to the jeep, disconnect Bluetooth from my phone and hit the SOS button. She said if the call went through to the call center it was working, if not then the telematics in the unit was shot. Pressed the SOS button, the radio lights up red and says the function in not available, please call 911 by your phone. She then proceeded to tell me to take it back to the dealer as the telematics in the unit is bad. It will need a new radio. I purchased the Zurich Comprehensive warranty so it should only cost me $100 to have a new unit installed. Glad i am not really dealing with FCA on this issue as we know how they are fixing only partially broken items. Radio works fine, just not Sirius Guardian or Travel Link. The weird thing though, I still get all the weather warnings that pop up on my screen. Anyone else ever deal with this particular issue. I mind much more now that I am paying for the service vs having it free for a year!
Sponsored