First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Can't see anything in the pictures. Wouldn't bother me anyway. I used to have custom vans in the 70's. We would use tinted plexiglass with velcro to cover the headlights. Had to pull them off at dark if you wanted to see where you were going.
Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Those dont look half bad...Although I do have PTSD from a set I had on a mid 90's camaro....

BTW Like the avatar, did you ever attend a camp Jeep? They should bring them back, with the popularity of Jeeps these days I feel like it would be a huge hit!

OP
OP
Southers313

Southers313

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Those dont look half bad...Although I do have PTSD from a set I had on a mid 90's camaro....

BTW Like the avatar, did you ever attend a camp Jeep? They should bring them back, with the popularity of Jeeps these days I feel like it would be a huge hit!
I’m in marketing and use to work for Jeep’s ad agency here in Detroit (BBDO) and I was the event manager for Camp Jeep in the early 2000’s. So it’s just kind of a personal nod to my background. If you ever went to the ones in the Blue Ridge (VA) or Ozark (MO) mountains - those were my babies.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I’m in marketing and use to work for Jeep’s ad agency here in Detroit (BBDO) and I was the event manager for Camp Jeep in the early 2000’s. So it’s just kind of a personal nod to my background. If you ever went to the ones in the Blue Ridge (VA) or Ozark (MO) mountains - those were my babies.
I was at Blue Ridge, Ozark, and Vail. Well done! Those were really fun events. I fondly remember the introduction of the 03 Rubicon at Camp Jeep 2002.

As I said before, I would go in a heartbeat if they brought it back - my kids would LOVE it.

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Sorry - I meant to reference that. So these come with a few squares of 3M Dual Lock (better than Velcro) that most definitely would be visible if left in place. Seeing those same reviews that you referenced, I removed the squares and but thin strips of my own 3M Dual Lock - lining the entire perimeter of these light covers. So you don’t see anything, and it’s definitely more secure.
Probably a really dumb question but, did you stick it directly into the light cover?

Sponsored

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Sorry - I meant to reference that. So these come with a few squares of 3M Dual Lock (better than Velcro) that most definitely would be visible if left in place. Seeing those same reviews that you referenced, I removed the squares and but thin strips of my own 3M Dual Lock - lining the entire perimeter of these light covers. So you don’t see anything, and it’s definitely more secure.
Did you have a link to the tape? I may do this myself.

Thanks!

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
20191102_141611.jpg
20191102_160603.jpg
Did you have a link to the tape? I may do this myself.

Thanks!
No link. Here's a picture of the box.
Purchased at Lowes.
I used scissors to cut it down to thinner strips.
Eazy peezy.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Probably a really dumb question but, did you stick it directly into the light cover?
I peeled of the stuff that came on the covers .
Yes the 3M dual lock attaches to the lights an to the covers.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
20191102_141611.jpg
20191102_160603.jpg

Purchased at Lowes.
Eazy peezy.
Cool thanks! I was wondering if you cut it down . Thanks again for the quick reply!

OP
OP
Southers313

Southers313

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
20191102_141611.jpg
20191102_160603.jpg

Purchased at Lowes.
Eazy peezy.
Looks great on your Moab. It was easily one of my favorite little mods so far. I actually just ordered the smoked fog light covers too from GTS Styling. Will post pics next week once installed.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Looks great on your Moab. It was easily one of my favorite little mods so far. I actually just ordered the smoked fog light covers too from GTS Styling. Will post pics next week once installed.
Thanks! I appreciate that.
Sponsored