Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
The Sidetrack is in! (a little early!)

If you placed a groupbuy deposit, please check your email soon for a link to complete the purchase with the remaining balance. Orders will ship in the order that the balance payment is received.

*Please remember, no coupon codes eligible with the groupbuy pricing and shipping will be included on this balance due.

skyallen

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
For passenger side install..where do you wire the white wire to? I'm lost on that part.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
For passenger side install..where do you wire the white wire to? I'm lost on that part.
Hey! This video might help you see how to do the passenger side; that side starts at 3:00.

skyallen

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yeah I watched that video but for the life of my I can’t seem to access the grommet on passenger side. I kept looking around but with no success.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Not $200 with a coupon ;) There are other cheaper options out there that simply won't stack up in quality to Oracle Lighting that some choose to explore...whatever works for your needs and budget.
What is this magical money saving "coupon" sorcery you speak of!? :)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful where you pull on the passenger side. There are wire grommets some have used for other wiring and broken existing wiring.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
The forum coupon is forum10 for 10% off the entire purchase sitewide :muscle:

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Installed today, along with the smoked side markers. I found, what I believe an easier way to install both.
I was intimidated by popping the outer plastic rivets to peel back the inner fender. Mainly because it's an exterior plastic rivet.
I purchased a small bag of rivets, fender clips, and plastic tabs from Amazon for $8.00.
I ended up taking the entire fender and inner liner off. 4-10mm bolts, 1-plastic tab. That's it. The entire fender and fender liner comes out as one.
Hold the fender on the tire and unplug the light connector.
The rest is pretty much status quo.
Passenger side ---- the scary part of all wire running on the JL ---- the rubber grommet of 100's of wires doom. Based on the flex of the wires and feel, I decided the lower left side of grommet from inside the cab would be my starting point. Wire coat hanger, straightened out as straight as possible, slowly poked through the interior gasket. I continued through, slowly, feeling for any type of blockage, wire bunch, nothing. I could tell I hit the outer gasket because of the slight flex when I gave a little push. I went ahead and pushed it through. No issues, no snags, nothing.
--straight coat hanger, bottom left side, going inside out.
--it took me 3-4 times to feed the wire through ... my tape/attachment skills were a D-.
Much easier than I thought.

So much room for activities:
Jeep Wrangler JL GROUPBUY for Sidetrack™ LED Lighting System for Jeep Wrangler JL IMG_8436
Jeep Wrangler JL GROUPBUY for Sidetrack™ LED Lighting System for Jeep Wrangler JL Startr

Jeep Wrangler JL GROUPBUY for Sidetrack™ LED Lighting System for Jeep Wrangler JL Finish

Jeep Wrangler JL GROUPBUY for Sidetrack™ LED Lighting System for Jeep Wrangler JL Final

Coat hanger pushed through inside out.
Below shows approximate location of puncture.
Jeep Wrangler JL GROUPBUY for Sidetrack™ LED Lighting System for Jeep Wrangler JL 1594601785028

***One more edit***
Smoked Side Marker Light installation as I removed the fender. No need to pop rivets there either. Purchased a 16" T-27 thin driver. Maneuvered it along the side, removed bolt, unplugged and removed factory light, slid in the smoked light, guided the screw back into place, 5 minutes later, both sides were completed.
Sponsored

Last edited: