Grommet from ???

THEPOOLGUY

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
I have a brand new 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys and took the hard top off for the first time last weekend. After stowing the top in the garage this rubber grommet (pictured) was in the driveway. Any idea wher it goes? I’ve looked all over and I can’t figure it out. It looks kind of important! Thanks.

C1A8BA27-3AA6-4FC3-8936-376696B15713.jpeg
Sponsored

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Good question.

Does it have a drilled center for a bolt, or is it solid?

Never seen similar on mine.

Could it be from something other than your Jeep? It looks like a bumpstop, or "foot" for something.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I've had my two '21/'22's tops off several times and haven't seen anything like that on either. I'm guessing it either came off of something else on the Jeep, or was dropped in a crevice or hole sometime during manufacturing.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Looks like a spare tire bumper from the tailgate. Do you have 2 of them behind your spare at 3 and 9 o'clock?

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Looks like a spare tire bumper from the tailgate. Do you have 2 of them behind your spare at 3 and 9 o'clock?
I was thinking the same at first, but it would have to be for a PowerWheels mini me Jeep, I believe (I looked at mine, and they appear to be much larger).

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I was thinking the same at first, but it would have to be a PowerWheels mini me Jeep, I believe (I looked at mine, and, no match).
Ha, I thought you just had huge hands. Seriously, looking more closely, that is pretty small. I'm at a loss, but now I'm curious. I'll look around in my Jeep tomorrow just to see if I find anything that looks similar.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Kinda looks like those brake pedal bump stops for the lights. I guess just the tip does. My hands are damn small so i guess its probably not as small as I’m imagining.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I would check above the b pillar where the t tops sit. I think i remember there being a few up there on either side above passenger and driver. towards the back of b pillar where the top rests.

Sponsored

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Check your tailgate, looks like the bump stop on the inside of the gate or the surround, check your doors too. Looks like a door isolator based on the size.

Terpsred

First Name
Terps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2 Door
looks like the bump stop between the top panel and the top of the rollbar to me. Keeps the top from flexing in the center and staying square.

OP
OP

THEPOOLGUY

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
Terpsred you were correct. Thank you! The first time I took the top off we set it on the floor of the garage. I have since built a hoist in the garage so we pulled the top up near the ceiling. We used it for the first time yesterday and when you look up from underneath there is one of these bump stops on either side and one was clearly missing. Thank everyone for their input. This forum is great!

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I have a brand new 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys and took the hard top off for the first time last weekend. After stowing the top in the garage this rubber grommet (pictured) was in the driveway. Any idea wher it goes? I’ve looked all over and I can’t figure it out. It looks kind of important! Thanks.

C1A8BA27-3AA6-4FC3-8936-376696B15713.jpeg
I found the same thing the first time I took the hard top off our ‘16 JKU. In the 6 years I owned it I could never figure out where it went. 🤷‍♂️

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I found three screws and two body clips on mine. Nothing is missing so I chalk it up to my Jeep being built either on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend or the workers were wanting to go on strike. I found a few other items that were assembly line issues that shows sloppy work.
Sponsored