Sponsored

Groaning after gears

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Ok so I just had gears put in by a very reputable company. As of now I’ve done the break in. Driving is unremarkable. Everything feels super smooth. I went Yukon 4.88 And just left the stock limited slip. im noticing a groaning when I brake hard like around 10 miles per hour. It sounds like it’s. like when you ride the brakes in 4 low. Like the torque wants to push through the brakes. Is this a potential issue with the gears or is it just the lower ratio reaction with the brakes.
Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Doubt it’s an issue with what you’re hearing but do you know for sure that friction modifier was added to the fluid in the rear? It’s for the limited slip but I have no idea if it would cause any sound if forgotten.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I just had gears put in by a very reputable company. As of now I’ve done the break in. Driving is unremarkable. Everything feels super smooth. I went Yukon 4.88 And just left the stock limited slip. im noticing a groaning when I brake hard like around 10 miles per hour. It sounds like it’s. like when you ride the brakes in 4 low. Like the torque wants to push through the brakes. Is this a potential issue with the gears or is it just the lower ratio reaction with the brakes.
Thanks
Did you update the computer in the Jeep to reflect the new 4.88 gear ratio? If not, maybe it's causing issues with the Anti-Lock Braking or Traction Control System because it thinks you are still on stock gears.

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Yes. We use tazer to change
Sponsored