Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Very, VERY interesting that your BLD did not deactivate when you engaged your lockers.
That's my biggest complaint. It's not only unnecessary, it's actually a hindrance with lockers. The BLD slamming on the ABS on one wheel, when you're all locked up, is braking all wheels and cutting power when you are fighting for grip, hence the lockers...
Hate having to find a workaround for an issue that could and should be easily fixed. But, at least the Tazer was already a great product and value...

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That's my biggest complaint. It's not only unnecessary, it's actually a hindrance with lockers. The BLD slamming on the ABS on one wheel, when you're all locked up, is braking all wheels and cutting power when you are fighting for grip, hence the lockers...
Hate having to find a workaround for an issue that could and should be easily fixed. But, at least the Tazer was already a great product and value...
The reason it was very interesting is because it should not happen. The BLD is supposed to turn off on axles where lockers are engaged on the JLUR. I would guess something is wrong with that particular jeep because itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve heard that. By design there is supposed to be absolutely no electronic braking of any sort once the lockers are engaged.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
The reason it was very interesting is because it should not happen. The BLD is supposed to turn off on axles where lockers are engaged on the JLUR. I would guess something is wrong with that particular jeep because itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve heard that. By design there is supposed to be absolutely no electronic braking of any sort once the lockers are engaged.
Iā€™m starting to believe that Jeep doesnā€™t know how to build vehicles. How in the World is he going to get this fixed? Plus the majority of Jeep dealershipā€™s mechanics seem incompetent from what I read throughout our forum.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Iā€™m starting to believe that Jeep doesnā€™t know how to build vehicles. How in the World is he going to get this fixed? Plus the majority of Jeep dealershipā€™s mechanics seem incompetent from what I read throughout our forum.
I completely agree.
And the dealerships are beyond incompetent. Most forum members know more about the JL than dealership ā€œmechanics.ā€
All they do is search on the computer and open the appropriate section in the service manual provided to them by FCA and follow step-by-step directions.

The sad thing is that even with detailed directions and all the resources in front of them, they canā€™t seem to accomplish the most basic tasks such as a simple oil change.

Youā€™ll read stories of dealerships...

doing a very messy job spilling oil all over the engine compartment causing that entire area, and even the undercarriage, to be completely covered in oil and not even bothering to clean it up,

overfilling the engine with a whole extra quart of oil,

not changing the oil filter,

putting the oil folder on backwards (!!!!) and causing the engine to lose all its oil and almost fail,

not tightening the drain plug, which then leaks, causing the engine to lose all its oil,

not tightening the filter housing causing oil to spill all over the engine compartment and causing the engine to lose oil,

not removing the old oil filter gasket before installing the new oil filter which has its own gasket which causes oil to seep through the seal and not get filtered, etc etc etc.

If they are able to make that many mistakes on one of the simplest tasks, I really donā€™t even wanna think about how they would mess up on the more complicated tasks.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Even when using Selec Trac? (You're favourite option :) )

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Even when using Selec Trac? (You're favourite option :) )
I believe youā€™re referring to Selec-Speed Control from the other thread? ;)
Selec Trac is the name of a Full-Time 4WD transfer case found in Saharas and I believe now also in the 392s.

And good question! I did not think of that, I have no idea what happens if lockers are engaged and you activate Hill-Descent Control or Selec-Speed Control. If I were to guess I would say that is the only scenario the brakes should activate with lockers engaged but Iā€™ve never tried that myself to know for sure!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I believe youā€™re referring to Selec-Speed Control from the other thread? ;)
Selec Trac is the name of a Full-Time 4WD transfer case found in Saharas and I believe now also in the 392s.

And good question! I did not think of that, I have no idea what happens if lockers are engaged and you activate Hill-Descent Control or Selec-Speed Control. If I were to guess I would say that is the only scenario the brakes should activate with lockers engaged but Iā€™ve never tried that myself to know for sure!
Lol, yes, sorry. I think it must, have to give it a go though.

Revive

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've been dealing with this issue since I got my JL in December. Like others, I took it back to the dealer and they say it's "normal" as they took another JL off the lot and it does the same grinding in the front end in 4L. I've had Jeeps for over 20 years and this is not normal. I finally got my Tazer on Wednesday and took it out in the desert. Completely fixed the problem. No more grinding. It acks like a Jeep should and has no problem climbing obstacles.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've been dealing with this issue since I got my JL in December. Like others, I took it back to the dealer and they say it's "normal" as they took another JL off the lot and it does the same grinding in the front end in 4L. I've had Jeeps for over 20 years and this is not normal. I finally got my Tazer on Wednesday and took it out in the desert. Completely fixed the problem. No more grinding. It acks like a Jeep should and has no problem climbing obstacles.
Yeah so far disabling everything with the tazer is the only ā€œfixā€ for the aggressive BLD system.

Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Yup and I am going to try it again this weekend disabling ABS with J-Scan
For those of your with Jscan which "options" did you select to disable the necessary features? The menus are extremely lengthy.

obxjeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
For those of your with Jscan which "options" did you select to disable the necessary features? The menus are extremely lengthy.
Just used JScan yesterday for the first time on the trails to disable all the nanny stuff. No more noise!!!

To activate I just went into the Trail View and on the bottom tap more info and click the no abs button. Lots of dash lights and warnings but no abs noise all day.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Just used JScan yesterday for the first time on the trails to disable all the nanny stuff. No more noise!!!

To activate I just went into the Trail View and on the bottom tap more info and click the no abs button. Lots of dash lights and warnings but no abs noise all day.
Thats great! So you just shut off ABS only?

I've been hitting only the easy trails lately so i can avoid 4L like the plague lol, but i'll definitely give this a shot!

obxjeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thats great! So you just shut off ABS only?

I've been hitting only the easy trails lately so i can avoid 4L like the plague lol, but i'll definitely give this a shot!
I was in 4L most of the day so not sure how it acts in 4H, or if it even applies. I think the anti-abs button in JScan may turn off more than just the abs based on the number of dash lights that were on. All I know was it was great to not hear the noise and confirm that it was abs being applied and not something else. Now I need to decide which is worse, the number of dash warning lights, or the noise. :LOL:

On a side note regarding the abs being on... One tough section of trail I actually had the jScan disconnected (lunch stop and forgot to reconnect). I felt the abs thing kick in and actually seemed to help me crawl over a ledge that initially I was slipping on. Only had rear lockers on and it may have actually helped. So who knows, maybe it is supposed to do something useful. Either way I think Jeep should have made it so we can turn off.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Now I need to decide which is worse, the number of dash warning lights, or the noise. :LOL:
This is my trade off too... Using Jscan to recode (and having to pull the dash and plug the bypass, etc) or just deal with the grinding. It sounds so bad that I feel that something will break, and I dont know if they'd honor warranty or claim that I 'abused' it.

TBH i haven't gone to any trails that require 4L (heck, most can be done in RWD) but I like 4L for the comfort. I've got a 6MT and its annoying to be in 1st gear the whole time lol.
Sponsored