Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, going back in tomorrow. I'm trying to get a few of us who have a case with @JeepCares together and show that this is not an isolated issue nor a "Just a Jeep Thing" issue. I will be presenting multiple cases to them tomorrow and anyone else who would like to join the effort feel free to pipe in either here or in a PM.

Stu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Folks- Some bad news on the grinding front. Despite working with JeepCares and my local dealer, the answer I've been given is that the grinding is NOT a problem. This is despite being able to reperform the issue with the dealer service mechanic behind the wheel of my Jeep. Furthermore, Jeep has closed my case and effectively dismissed me.

While I do understand there is the Tazer Mini solution, I believe Jeep should take accountability for this issue and invest the appropriate resources to pursue remediation. Until then, I cannot definitively know that this grinding isn't putting inappropriate wear on my vehicle and/or putting me in harms way.

This brings me to you... If you are experiencing this issue, I encourage to reach out to JeepCares and create a case number. With enough engagement and documentation, I'm optimistic that we'll eventually get Jeep's attention.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Folks- Some bad news on the grinding front. Despite working with JeepCares and my local dealer, the answer I've been given is that the grinding is NOT a problem. This is despite being able to reperform the issue with the dealer service mechanic behind the wheel of my Jeep. Furthermore, Jeep has closed my case and effectively dismissed me.

While I do understand there is the Tazer Mini solution, I believe Jeep should take accountability for this issue and invest the appropriate resources to pursue remediation. Until then, I cannot definitively know that this grinding isn't putting inappropriate wear on my vehicle and/or putting me in harms way.

This brings me to you... If you are experiencing this issue, I encourage to reach out to JeepCares and create a case number. With enough engagement and documentation, I'm optimistic that we'll eventually get Jeep's attention.
@JeepCares

diamondschwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Blue JLUR, 2021 Billet Silver JLURD

So if it’s not a problem, did Jeep or the dealer or the tech say specifically what makes the noise? Because if no one knows what component makes the noise, how could they determine whether it’s a problem or not?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if it’s not a problem, did Jeep or the dealer or the tech say specifically what makes the noise? Because if no one knows what component makes the noise, how could they determine whether it’s a problem or not?
As I quote "the vehicle is functioning as designed...." you make the call if that is an appropriate answer. ;)

obxjeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just wanted to add my 2021 JLU Rubicon to the list here. Noticed the noise the first time I put in 4L. Have been on 3 trail rides since purchased last November. First time Jeep was still stock and noise was only a few times. Granted it was a very mild trail. Second outing the noise was happening more (snowy trail with lots of slipping and sliding). Had also added a lift and larger tires at this point. Third outing recently and the noise was happening all day long. Granted we were on some rougher trails this trip. Doesn't make any noise in 4H like others have said, only 4L. I have not checked whether the Off Road + button makes a difference but will check next time. I agree that it seems like something in the ABS/BLD system.

Hope Jeep steps up and figures out what is going on. Dealers at this point seem pretty useless at figuring this type of issue out. Is just a frustrating noise to hear all day on the trail.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just throwing my name into the ring so I can follow this thread and maybe contribute. I’ve got a 2021 JLUR, 2.0, automatic. Been “grinding” since the first time it went into 4Lo.
2021 jlur with same noise as others posted here.
2021 JLUR here, thought it was some sort of ABS nanny engaging. Looking for more info.
Hey, Shoebox303, tomd, diamondschwin and Lenkeit Overland! If any of you plan on visiting the dealer for this or have already visited the dealer, please follow up with me in private message. I would be happy to assist you. I appreciate your patience in advance while I get to reading these! Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

diamondschwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, Shoebox303, tomd, diamondschwin and Lenkeit Overland! If any of you plan on visiting the dealer for this or have already visited the dealer, please follow up with me in private message. I would be happy to assist you. I appreciate your patience in advance while I get to reading these! Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

I recently had my front wheel bearings and front axle shafts replace for another noise issue. So I just want to stand by and see how this develops before going to a dealer, I believe it’s more related to the software than the hardware so I’m crossing fingers for a TSB flash that cures it.

diamondschwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will add that in my wife’s 2019 rubicon we never heard this noise, I assume it’s something related to the new off-road + feature. Even though the sound happens with off-road + disabled, maybe the software is different.

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I will add that in my wife’s 2019 rubicon we never heard this noise, I assume it’s something related to the new off-road + feature. Even though the sound happens with off-road + disabled, maybe the software is different.
no its not a off-road plus issue many of us here don't have that and we still get it. I fixed mine with the taser mini but still need Jeep and Jeepcares to stop creating cases for us then saying we stand by the tech. They can't do anything for you. You need to open a star case with a tech that won't stand down to jeep and tell the truth. Thats what I did, still in progress though. Jeep cares cases don't do anything once your tech said its normal. case closed.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
I recently had my front wheel bearings and front axle shafts replace for another noise issue. So I just want to stand by and see how this develops before going to a dealer, I believe it’s more related to the software than the hardware so I’m crossing fingers for a TSB flash that cures it.

I am also pretty confident that it is a software issue due to the fact that the Tazer kills it. Heading in to the dealership right now, will update with any new info.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
no its not a off-road plus issue many of us here don't have that and we still get it. I fixed mine with the taser mini but still need Jeep and Jeepcares to stop creating cases for us then saying we stand by the tech. They can't do anything for you. You need to open a star case with a tech that won't stand down to jeep and tell the truth. Thats what I did, still in progress though. Jeep cares cases don't do anything once your tech said its normal. case closed.
We have initiated a STAR case and the dealer is working well trying to move this forward. They say it may take a week or so.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
We have initiated a STAR case and the dealer is working well trying to move this forward. They say it may take a week or so.
sweet! getting a dealer to work with you is by far the best way to make headway. I have a great dealership helping me im just not posting lots of updates because I was taken care of so poorly by jeep cares

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
Adde me to the bunch. Brand new Wrangler Sport S fresh off the press. Was messing around in my yard learning the 4WD system and testing my manual trans while in 4L. Noticed the noise right away.

Looks like I'll be ordering a Tazer for the time being.

Should I take it to the dealership so they can document the problem? There is no fix for this yet correct?
Sponsored