Grinding noise in 4WD on brand new Rubicon

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I took back today and they can’t reproduce. No kidding, I told them it is in 4 wheel lo with off road... I said I would take video next time I am off road but they said it wouldn’t matter if they can’t reproduce.

I am going to demand my case with Jeep Cares stays open.
Keep up the fight
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Best audio I’ve gotten of the noise so far. Dealers didn’t seem to care that I had it, since they couldn’t duplicate
I'm curious to know if this happens more times than not. Next time it does this, switch the transfer case to N and back in to 4L and see if it clears. I have a feeling the ABS is somehow getting its little brain mixed up...even though it should be OFF in 4L.

BADMAV302

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I'm curious to know if this happens more times than not. Next time it does this, switch the transfer case to N and back in to 4L and see if it clears. I have a feeling the ABS is somehow getting its little brain mixed up...even though it should be OFF in 4L.
I haven't tried that, but did read that. I'm going out tomorrow and plan on attempting it. I'll post how it goes.

tgarvens

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Best audio I’ve gotten of the noise so far. Dealers didn’t seem to care that I had it, since they couldn’t duplicate
Exact same sound as mine

Sponsored

BADMAV302

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Are there any confirmed cases in a 2020 Model? I'm curious if its a new issue for us 2021 owners. I've driven a couple 2020 JLUR that do not make the noise. I'm also curious if its only on Rubicons?

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Are there any confirmed cases in a 2020 Model? I'm curious if its a new issue for us 2021 owners. I've driven a couple 2020 JLUR that do not make the noise. I'm also curious if its only on Rubicons?
I think it’s just rubicon’s or eco diesels with the Dana 44 front axle

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine is a 2020. Admittedly, mine is nowhere near as loud as that video.

tgarvens

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Mine is a 2020. Admittedly, mine is nowhere near as loud as that video.
Mine is a 2021 Rubicon which I know added a some off-road+ features (brought over from Gladiator) which could be doing something unintended

BADMAV302

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I have friend with a 2020 diesel Rubicon, and another with a 2020 3.6 auto Rubicon. neither of their jeeps make the noise. very possible a problem with the off road+, but then you'd think the gladiators would have this problem too. I've yet to hear of a gladiator doing it.

Sponsored

akajones

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 02 Mustang GT, 12 Volt, 22 CCSB F250
That's the best audio I've heard yet. Sounds strange, but not nearly as lethal as I thought it would have sounded. I'll continue following this.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have friend with a 2020 diesel Rubicon, and another with a 2020 3.6 auto Rubicon. neither of their jeeps make the noise. very possible a problem with the off road+, but then you'd think the gladiators would have this problem too. I've yet to hear of a gladiator doing it.
Mine didn't make that noise until 2 weeks ago. 9700 miles on it, fully 1/3 of that is offroad.

BADMAV302

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
That's the best audio I've heard yet. Sounds strange, but not nearly as lethal as I thought it would have sounded. I'll continue following this.
The video doesn't fully relay the spine tingling grinding noise, or the awful feeling in the steering wheel while it happens

BADMAV302

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I tried lots of different things this past weekend. No matter what I tried, I was able to duplicate the noise every time. 4lo to N to 4 lo, didn't change anything, it still made the noise

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I tried lots of different things this past weekend. No matter what I tried, I was able to duplicate the noise every time. 4lo to N to 4 lo, didn't change anything, it still made the noise
mine as well
Sponsored