Sponsored

Grinding noise in 4WD on brand new Rubicon

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey, LostAggie and Howardlv22. We would like to discuss your situations further. Please private message our team separately with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Jeep Cares has opened a case for me and I have/had an appointment setup for Tuesday to do my lift but I will use to have this reinspected as the first service dealership "found nothing". It is a different dealership as the first is suspect but it was where I bought from so I wanted to go there first. The new one I have always had good service from so I am hoping for a better outcome.

I will post here once I get more information.
Sponsored

Rubicon53

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur
My dealer called me back yesterday and said they had a fix for it. I guess when your in 4lo hold down the traction control button for 5 seconds and it’s supposed to make a chime noise and keep the ABS from grabbing. I tried it today and didn’t hear any chime noise and the ABS was still making the grinding noise. I will have to stop by the dealer this coming weekend so they can show me what their talking about

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
My dealer called me back yesterday and said they had a fix for it. I guess when your in 4lo hold down the traction control button for 5 seconds and it’s supposed to make a chime noise and keep the ABS from grabbing. I tried it today and didn’t hear any chime noise and the ABS was still making the grinding noise. I will have to stop by the dealer this coming weekend so they can show me what their talking about
My ten day old Girl goes to the dealer tomorrow, opened a case with JEEPCARES already and got a jeep wave rep in on the case to make sure the dealer does a thorough job. I’m interested in seeing what they say about this

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Dropped it off at the dealer today, they said it was normal I told them it wasnt so we will see how it all turns out

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Mine blew me off as normal also but it sounds horrible!
mine just called and said its ready for pickup, the head jeep tech said its normal and won't cause any damage its just a sound from abs. I'm not going to fight it, I'm just going to take it to another dealer. Jeep Wave/Jeep Cares has a case for me so I'm not worried. Im doing my part

Pharmguy75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 21 Audi Q7
Looking at the owners manual, page 298, I see ESC Operating Modes. I'm gonna try this and see if it works.

Rubicon53

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur
Looking at the owners manual, page 298, I see ESC Operating Modes. I'm gonna try this and see if it works.
Some on another post told me about this. I looked in the manual and tried it and couldn’t get my jeep to make the chime noise and it was still grinding. If you have any luck with it please let me know

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
does anyone know iff the taser mini can eliminate this by messing with the abs?

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
the jeep wave rep that I have an open case with said there's nothing he can do because he isn't a tech and the tech said there's nothing wrong with it grinding bad as hell in 4low... there needs to be a class action suit against jeep for failing to fix a massive problem with the drivability of the vehicle and not having techs do their job. I don't know why I even opened a case in the first place they are worthless and I tried really hard to be nice and Get them to do what's right and to help me. im lost as what to do

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
everyone on here just an FYI jeep has officially told me they stand behind the dealer tech. They said if the tech says there is nothing wrong then we stand behind that. So jeep, the brand that makes wrangler is saying there's nothing wrong with my 4low grinding and having issues when in 4low.

Sdean97

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Hi Everyone,
I joined this page so I can participate in this post. My 2021 Rubicon does the same thing on 4Low. Metal on metal grinding noise up front, also with a tin can tapping noise which sounds like beneath the steering column. Jeep has 450 miles on it. Ive had it for a month! Its been at dealer last two weeks and I referenced this post multiple times with dealer. To dealers credit, who opened a star case, they ended up replacing entire front axle. I picked up Jeep yesterday "fixed". Took it out in a dirt lot this morning to verify...SAME PROBLEM, with new front axle. Dealer let me drive a new one from lot with 15 miles on it...SAME PROBLEM. Friend of mine bought one just before me...SAME PROBLEM! There is obviously something wrong here. Not sure if its ABS or what. But this IS NOT NORMAL gimme a break, its sounds and feels terrible. But seems very wide spread. Thats all I know as of today. Keep y'all posted.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
yeah I'm a jeep guy and been a loyal ram guy for years I have two of them, including a 2020 ram my 2021 wrangler and multiple ram work trucks for my fleet. I still am loyal to them but I'm about to start a class action lawsuit against them. they have the audacity to say "we have chosen to stand behind the dealer techs as a company and our opinion is there's nothing wrong with your jeep". SO GRINDING AND CLICKING and a horrible vibration on new jl's in 4low all over the country is fucking normal? No thank you.