Grinding/Crunching feel and sound at low speeds

RubiSlippers

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler …Maybe
My new rubi did something weird today while I was rolling through a drive-thru. Could feel/hear a grinding/crunch noise at low speeds and gently braking. Worried me a bit. At first I thought it was the brakes (first cold snowy day with her) but it was happening with no braking. Happening with mild acceleration and driving straight too. Not feeling it or hearing it with high speeds. It was giving me mild feedback into the column. All from the front.

Have not been off-roading yet.

Will take to the dealer but want to have a mildly educated discussion about it.

Any ideas welcome. Willing to check some things out myself.

Also does anyone have any good YouTube channels or websites about the basic mechanics of a rubi? I want to learn more about the unique mechanics of a rubi drivetrain/suspension so I can know how to care for my Jeep, how to check for things and just have a general good working knowledge on my new vehicle.
Sponsored

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My new rubi did something weird today while I was rolling through a drive-thru. Could feel/hear a grinding/crunch noise at low speeds and gently braking. Worried me a bit. At first I thought it was the brakes (first cold snowy day with her) but it was happening with no braking. Happening with mild acceleration and driving straight too. Not feeling it or hearing it with high speeds. It was giving me mild feedback into the column. All from the front.

Have not been off-roading yet.

Will take to the dealer but want to have a mildly educated discussion about it.

Any ideas welcome. Willing to check some things out myself.

Also does anyone have any good YouTube channels or websites about the basic mechanics of a rubi? I want to learn more about the unique mechanics of a rubi drivetrain/suspension so I can know how to care for my Jeep, how to check for things and just have a general good working knowledge on my new vehicle.
Yes, definitely have the dealer look at it. Hopefully, the issue can be duplicated during their inspection.
As far as the latter check out these 2 videos that explain BLD and 4WD. Also, be sure to read your owner’s manual.
Good luck with your new Rubi.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...action-control-brake-lock-differential.55438/

The Jeep® Command-Trac® 4WD