Sponsored

Grimm Offroad has got the winch plate for you!

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
The much-anticipated release of the Grimm Offroad winch plate is here and we think you, the Jeeping community, need to know!

Grimm OffRoad’s Jeep JL Wrangler and Jeep JT Gladiator winch plate is designed to mount a winch into the stock Rubicon steel bumper. Laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4 inch high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel, there is no stronger winch plate on the market.

• Winch plate for mounting a winch into the stock steel Jeep Rubicon front bumper
  • Laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4 inch high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel plate
  • Cad Designed and FEA tested to withstand up to 14,000 lb. pulls with minimal deflection and no deformation
  • Integrated fairlead backing plate and includes fairlead faceplate
  • Installs with simple hand tools with no vehicle modifications required
  • Allows mounting of winch plate on vehicle before installing winch
  • Accepts most center mounted winches with standard 10 x 4.5” bolt pattern
  • Black 2-stage powder coat perfectly matches the stock Rubicon bumper for a factory look and offers superior corrosion and wear resistance
  • Made in the USA
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty
n8bfoamd2tqz6hhlqazs.jpg

fvqu9ctmtwsyup0ih7qy.jpg

Convinced that you need one of these for yourself? Northridge4x4 has these IN STOCK and ready to ship!

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/winch-plates/10067-grimm-offroad-steel-bumper-winch-plate
Sponsored

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
As soon as mine (JP)arrives (soon I hope) I will investigate this new option!
Thanks for the order. They ship the same day you order so you should get it very soon!

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
The much-anticipated release of the Grimm Offroad winch plate is here and we think you, the Jeeping community, need to know!

Grimm OffRoad’s Jeep JL Wrangler and Jeep JT Gladiator winch plate is designed to mount a winch into the stock Rubicon steel bumper. Laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4 inch high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel, there is no stronger winch plate on the market.

• Winch plate for mounting a winch into the stock steel Jeep Rubicon front bumper
  • Laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4 inch high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel plate
  • Cad Designed and FEA tested to withstand up to 14,000 lb. pulls with minimal deflection and no deformation
  • Black 2-stage powder coat perfectly matches the stock Rubicon bumper for a factory look and offers superior corrosion and wear resistance
  • Made in the USA
Jeep Wrangler JL Grimm Offroad has got the winch plate for you! fvqu9ctmtwsyup0ih7qy

Jeep Wrangler JL Grimm Offroad has got the winch plate for you! fvqu9ctmtwsyup0ih7qy

Convinced that you need one of these for yourself? Northridge4x4 has these IN STOCK and ready to ship!

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/winch-plates/10067-grimm-offroad-steel-bumper-winch-plate

Any issues with this and a factory/aftermarket skid plate?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery

rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Any thoughts if this will work with a stock plastic bumper (with cutting a hole in the front for the fairlead mount and notching the top for the winch)?

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Any thoughts if this will work with a stock plastic bumper (with cutting a hole in the front for the fairlead mount and notching the top for the winch)?
umm I dont think it will..

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
We just posted up our install video of the new Grimm Offroad Winch Plate on a 2020 Gladiator:

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

• Made in the USA

Got it
Installed it
Easy!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
Ordered one this morning at 9am, had a shipment notification email from UPS at 9:30 am. Expected delivery date is tomorrow - granted I'm in Seattle and near a Northridge location but holy cow that was fast!

edit: it did in fact show up the next day and this thing looks great! Well packaged, good powdercoat job and 1/4 in steel is super beefy. Can’t wait to install this when my winch comes in next week.

960B1D65-86F6-4FB8-8010-4F6BDB540C53.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Have a Grimm winch plate and I love it! Very solid and easy install. Great product.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Have one on my 21 JLUR with a Warn EVO 10s winch. Works great, also got in an front end accident recently and the plate is completly fine! (accident requires new front suspension, axle housing, front bumper, whole new frame, and some smaller items)

AtlasRearden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I purchased this Grimm winch plate and attempted to install over the weekend. It ended up being kind of a brutal job for one person to take on, exacerbated by the fact that nothing seems to fit right. The Northridge video makes it seem a lot easier than it is, but it also is misleading, since it conflicts with the installation instructions put out by Grimm Offroad. For instance, the video shows you re-using the factory hardware, but Grimm actually provides bolts that should be used in place of the factory ones (which makes sense, because you need a little bit longer bolt to account for the extra thickness). And there isn't just a "little bit of trimming" to the bumper mounts connected to the frame--I had to grind the bejesus out of them to get the winch in there. The bigger issue is the fact that it doesn't really fit the winch. I bought a Warn Zeon Platinum 12-S thinking this winch mount was made for Warn Zeon winches. I guess the Platinum must be slightly larger, since the inner nuts that hold on the bumper no longer fit--you can't even fit a socket into the space to tighten them. So now I have the bumper mounted with only 4 of the nuts.

Has anyone run into this issue? What would be a good solution to this? I'm hoping I can make this work in the end.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
I purchased this Grimm winch plate and attempted to install over the weekend. It ended up being kind of a brutal job for one person to take on, exacerbated by the fact that nothing seems to fit right. The Northridge video makes it seem a lot easier than it is, but it also is misleading, since it conflicts with the installation instructions put out by Grimm Offroad. For instance, the video shows you re-using the factory hardware, but Grimm actually provides bolts that should be used in place of the factory ones (which makes sense, because you need a little bit longer bolt to account for the extra thickness). And there isn't just a "little bit of trimming" to the bumper mounts connected to the frame--I had to grind the bejesus out of them to get the winch in there. The bigger issue is the fact that it doesn't really fit the winch. I bought a Warn Zeon Platinum 12-S thinking this winch mount was made for Warn Zeon winches. I guess the Platinum must be slightly larger, since the inner nuts that hold on the bumper no longer fit--you can't even fit a socket into the space to tighten them. So now I have the bumper mounted with only 4 of the nuts.

Has anyone run into this issue? What would be a good solution to this? I'm hoping I can make this work in the end.

We were the first to install that kit when they first came out and have learned a lot since that first install.

The Zeon and Zeon Platinum use the same frame, no difference in size.

The amount of trimming really depends on the Jeep. Most only require a little, like we showed in the video and that is for the brackets to just clear the winch perfectly. Every now and then we'll see one that need more trimming. We've also started trimming more of the bracket out than shown in the video, just to give a little more room.

For the bolts, you must be talking about the lower two bolts through the side? When we installed it, they hadn't started adding the two longer side bolts into the kit yet, so we reused the OE bolts.

Yes, it is tight on the inner bolts, but you can get to them. The top inner two nuts can be reached with a 6" extension from the top of the bumper. For the two lower inner nuts, you need to leave the winch mounting bolts slightly loose until after you tighten the front bolts. Those need to be reached with a long extension from underneath.
We somehow placed our winch perfectly and though it was tight, we were able to get to both lower nuts with a thin wall socket and a wobbly.
Sponsored