Grill & Headlight Trim

Wrongful Suspicion

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I know you can pull the trim pieces out of the grill of the Sahara and paint them or plastidip them or whatever, but could you just not put them back in. I thought I read somewhere that it would look unfinished, but would it not just look like the sport grill, which I actually like, or does the sport have a different grill?

has anyone here done this? And if so, how does it look?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Cory,
Having taken a couple of these apart they would not look right without the trim rings as they fill the gap between the honeycomb and the outer grill. If you wanted to get rid of the silver trim you could paint them, I have black trim rings in my red Jeep and the rings in the grill of my wife's Rubicon are painted Flame Red to match the hooks. Another possibility is a trade for a Sport grill.

Gregj

OP
OP
Wrongful Suspicion

Wrongful Suspicion

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Cory,
Having taken a couple of these apart they would not look right without the trim rings as they fill the gap between the honeycomb and the outer grill. If you wanted to get rid of the silver trim you could paint them, I have black trim rings in my red Jeep and the rings in the grill of my wife's Rubicon are painted Flame Red to match the hooks. Another possibility is a trade for a Sport grill.

Gregj
That’s what I figured my options were. I just assumed that without the trim, it would be the same as a sport grill, but maybe it is different in order to accommodate the trim.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is different, the Sport grill has a deep recess between the slots your grill is only as deep as the color you see that reaches the silver trim rings.

Gregj

Jacoboffroad

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0 T
Cory,

Gregj
How you removed it? You just pulled out?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How you removed it? You just pulled out?
Yes, there are several push-pins across the top then you just pull the grill straight out, sometimes they can be really hard to pull out. There are videos posted on YouTube.
Then there are a few torx screws and some plastic clips that hold the pieces together.
Gregj
Sponsored