First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Sho! I visit Japan quite often and we have very good friend close to Totsuka whom we hang out with quite a few times when we visit Japan. We are planning to go late this year - this time focusing on the north Hakodate/Hokaido if the COVID situation mellows out. But if Olympics are still scheduled for next year, we are not planning to go until it is over. Who knows - maybe I can be of assistance :)

Congratulations on your purchase!! :like:
Wait as long as you can due to the COVID 19. Japan is still closing it’s border, I cannot even leave for business trips in Asia. They will deny my reentry due to I am a foreigner here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Those horny Italians made the Japanese edition Wrangler look like it has a massive boner in the front - I’m okay with this.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase!
Still hope to get the US version front end, but concerning the inspection would go through.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Chris-san,

I also like the blue, but the dealer did not have inventory. It would take almost three months to get one from the US. That is a beautiful color as well.

I am actually just outside of Tokyo... about 70 minutes by Narita Express train. Got relocated by work to Japan in 2017, and finally I get to buy a car I want here.

hope the US online vendors are willing to ship to Japan.
Sho,
Congrats on the JL. Can you find places to off-road or trail drive?

I'm a boomer gen from my WW2 vet father who married my mother from Fukuoka, during the occupation after the war. I lived in Japan during two posts my father had, once 1958-62 in Misawa and again 1965-68 in Yokota (Fussa). I've only been to Japan three times since, just for a change of planes. But I remember Japan well.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Below is how I read your post:

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ...all the Japanese housewives ... gossiping about you with free time with your... wagamama... selfish gaijin... with... ultra sexy King Kong ... in reality... they would like to really ride you! :involve: Uwaaaaaa!! Mai DX Fantaji :giggle:

Yes, I realize she isn’t Japanese. That doesn’t matter because she’s still gorgeous :giggle:. Most of those women are. Deal with it.
Do what NOW Notorious??? You speeking in tongue?? How did horny Italians get into the conversation.
horny Italians are always part of the conversation when it comes to FCA designing the Jeep.

If your Jeep has electric windows, pay attention to the gesture you have to make when raising up the electric windows. :giggle:

Take a holistic look at the revised interior center console of the JK. What silhouette do you see of the entire piece? You’ll never unsee it once you see it.

It could all be coincidence though - people see what they choose to see. This response illustrates this well :CWL:

I scrolled thru the previous post and I don't see any horny Italians. What does umm err Japanese edition Wrangler umm massive boner in front. This asian guy is lost in translation. Please clarify!!! Consider it cultural education pour moi!!
:facepalm: No, no I won’t be telling you where to find horny Italians nor will I be explaining this one. :CWL:

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! A foreigner! A Gaijin that drives a KING KONG Jeep!!! How unconventional!! I bet all the Japanese housewives around you are gossiping about you in your free time about some wagamama selfish gaijin thats lord over others with his ultra sexy good looking King Kong jeep when in reality what they would like to really drives in your jeep with you! :involve: Uwaaaaaa!! Mai DX Fantaji :giggle:

ae9bc562835b9103cc449f36bbb42baf.gif
Ken,
I wish the reality is as what you expects, but no... no house wives are gossiping about me or the Jeep, I do see some guys peek in from the front windows when park on the streets. And little kids usually turn their heads when crossing the street.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Sho,
Congrats on the JL. Can you find places to off-road or trail drive?

I'm a boomer gen from my WW2 vet father who married my mother from Fukuoka, during the occupation after the war. I lived in Japan during two posts my father had, once 1958-62 in Misawa and again 1965-68 in Yokota (Fussa). I've only been to Japan three times since, just for a change of planes. But I remember Japan well.
Yep, I did some a few locations can have off-roaring fun. One is by the Tama river in Tokyo, not sure if it is a private land or city land. Many Suzuki Jimmny there with serious modifications. Occasionally, I see Toyota Land-cruiser, Mercedes G.... and for sure some JK’s. There are also a few places in Saitama are setup as paid off-roading experiences, but I may need to lift it first.
Japan has changed a lot since you were here last. I did a year expat work back in 1999, and now on my 2nd expat term (2017~). Even in 17 years, I feel lots of changes.

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I did some a few locations can have off-roaring fun. One is by the Tama river in Tokyo, not sure if it is a private land or city land. Many Suzuki Jimmny there with serious modifications. Occasionally, I see Toyota Land-cruiser, Mercedes G.... and for sure some JK’s. There are also a few places in Saitama are setup as paid off-roading experiences, but I may need to lift it first.
Japan has changed a lot since you were here last. I did a year expat work back in 1999, and now on my 2nd expat term (2017~). Even in 17 years, I feel lots of changes.

this guy has a steel hoop in jp. maybe ask him how he got to pass inspection?

https://www.instagram.com/delta_five/

OP
OP
KananagaS

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Awwww pshhhh Sho-sama!! Don't be so modest!! You are turning Jyapanese!!! :giggle:
Ha.. was trying hard to be modest. Well, If I drive with the roof off, do see more people turn their heads. But it all depends on where I drive it topless. By the ocean shores; for sure. People do approach me when I pull up to a roadside cafe. In the city, they just glance at the Jeep for a second and walk away. Doesn’t matter what.. it is all about the Jeep, but me.. I am just a guy with all grays on my head.
Sponsored