Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Police are looking for a green jeep in connection with a hit and run in Fairfield, CT. Attaching the news article.

http://connecticut.news12.com/story...g-jeep-connected-to-fatal-fairfield-hitandrun
If you don't mind I want to expand on this a bit more. There is a facebook group called "Connecticut Jeep Beach Cruises" to which I am a recent member of. On July 4th they hosted a cruise along the shore. Only problem was that it was billed as a sunrise cruise meaning it started at 6am. Myself and a good amount to other members didn't make it to this one because we were all to busy in our beds sleeping. Luckily, the group decided to host another cruise in the evening billing it as the "4th of July Sunset Cruise". Damn near everyone said they would be going to this one. I headed out late to the meeting point, so my eta had me at 15min past the meeting/departure time. This was a mess so I figured I wold intercept the convoy somewhere along their southern route. I got of I95 and started heading east toward the shore to execute my interception. This all failed because come to find out the convoy went North for the evening drive not South. Here is where it gets interesting, some of us are seriously wondering if the jeep in question may have been part of the convoy. Many Jeeps in the convoy were flying flags off the back. Also, the picture that is floating around is not a picture of the actual Jeep & the photos are being taken down (at least in the group). I have also heard that the Jeep was was stolen.

"Police are asking the public for help in locating a vehicle involved in a July 4 fatal hit-and-run in Fairfield.The victim has been identified as Marileidy Morel Araujo, 32, of Pennsylvania.
Morel Araujo was walking along Redding Road when police say the driver of a Jeep hit her and took off just before 8 p.m. Saturday. Her fiance Danny Fernandez's family says she was visiting for the Fourth of July weekend from Pennsylvania where she had recently nursed him through a battle with COVID-19. "She saved his life, she saved his life, so this is very hard," said Christine Fernandez, cousin of Danny Fernandez. "My brother is devastated. He is devastated. He can not think how he's going to get past this," adds Dr. Denise Fernandez, sister of Danny Fernandez.
Police believe the vehicle that took off from the scene is a hunter green-colored Jeep Wrangler with large tires, and possible front end damage. They say the top was off of the Jeep, and the doors were on at the time of the crash, and that there was a large American flag attached to the back. Police say a clear marker lens from the Jeep was found at the scene. They say the Jeep was last seen headed north on Redding Road at a high rate of speed. Police believe at least two men were inside of the car at the time of the incident. Police say they're also investigating a few Jeep rallies from over the holiday weekend that may be connected to the vehicle that left the scene.

Anyone with information or surveillance video is asked to contact Sgt. Michael Paris at
203-254-4862."

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The victim was visiting from PA for 4th of July. She had just helped her husband get over COVID. What a sad story.

Probably is Jeep Green, offered between 2008 and 2009. Forest Green was offered 2010-12 but it would look black, especially in the dark.

After that came Commando Green in 2013, which looks avocado; Sarge Green appeared on the 75th Anniversary Edition in 2016-17.