Greed will get you in the end.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Pretty sure anyone overlooking in or outside of this dealer was profiting enough to look away from the obvious.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm curious if anyone on this board bought anything from him.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Who knows.. However, anything from this news source should be scrutinized before trusting.

Sponsored

LSUMaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Isn't FCA employee pricing 5% below invoice?! A lot of dealers are offering at least that, how does that work?!

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Isn't FCA employee pricing 5% below invoice?! A lot of dealers are offering at least that, how does that work?!
Unless it changed recently, employee pricing has many different tiers and is a bit of a fringe benefit when working at a car manufacturer. My family is from Michigan originally and we've had numerous family members employed by what used to be "the big 3".

Dealership empoyees get pricing deals as well, but they aren't nearly as attractive as what GM/Ford/FCA get by working at the factory or corporate HQ. Given that this was in Michigan, I figure that he was using auto manufacturer employee discounts.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
This is why FCA dumped incentives 2k across the board ?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
According to the article, it was 5% bellow invoice. If the $8.7 million is a real number, this guy would have sold $178 million in inventory at invoice price? In most of these cases they claim loses between 10 and 100 times the real loss for both insurance and criminal charges/ plea leverage. I’d buy $1.8 million in sales over a decade, maybe even $17 million, but I really doubt the big number shown.

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Wire Fraud?
From my limited understanding of the law, it’s a used to federally charge someone when one leverages electronic communication (FB) to defraud another party (FCA).

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What I don’t understand is why did the salesman need to fabricate phony employee discount credentials to do 5% below invoice deals? Where I purchased I got a better price than that with no jumping through hoops or “special” deals needed. He sells Jeeps to people at that price every day. So I don’t understand the need to do fraudulent deals that aren’t even cheaper than legitimate deals. What am I missing?

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
What I don’t understand is why did the salesman need to fabricate phony employee discount credentials to do 5% below invoice deals? Where I purchased I got a better price than that with no jumping through hoops or “special” deals needed. He sells Jeeps to people at that price every day. So I don’t understand the need to do fraudulent deals that aren’t even cheaper than legitimate deals. What am I missing?
I believe FCA pays some of the discount back to the dealer on employee pricing. For example, I bought with a control code that meant FCA paid the dealer 2% of FWP after the sale occurred. So in the above case, maybe FCA was getting hosed, in size, on rebates.
Sponsored