Sponsored

Great video of Rubicon Trail (In 2 parts)

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
These are some of the best videos I've seen of the Rubicon Trail. It is put together by a Jeep Club out of San Diego Cal. The vehicles are all JK's but it's not about them other than being many really nice Jeeps. I am seriously wanting to get together with about four or five others and plan out something like this for September of 2019 there about. Take the time to really watch these, they're worth it. Hope you enjoy them.
This is day 1.

This is day 2 (even better)
Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Nice find. Looking forward to a video which features a stock JL Rubicon taking on the Rubicon. :rock:

OP
OP
Geronimo

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Nice find. Looking forward to a video which features a stock JL Rubicon taking on the Rubicon. :rock:
I see no reason it couldn't be done, however by the time you got off the trail I'm not too sure if it would look much like it did when you started. 33s would really add to the turtle affect as in being stuck high centered quite often. I venture your doors would take some hits from the sliders not sticking out further than the Rubi sliders. The "steel" bumpers (the rear in particular) would be a pretzel with the lights in said bumper no longer usable plus body damage from the bumper being pushed up into the tub. You would most definitely need a good winch or weeks and a High Lift Jack recovery rig. The body and parts damage you would receive on this adventure would cost way more than a good lift kit and some taller tires.

But I believe Jeep actually does make the trip in a stock version, they just don't show you pictures of the carnage. I agree with you in that I would like to see a video of the trip.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
well you just might get your wish. we head out friday, aim to be at the loon lake trail head tuesday morning. we will be three drivers so filming will be difficult to say the least. we couldnt get any rock stacker/cameramen to run shotgun lol

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Trail Recon does a great job with vids-super professional from a quality standpoint and they go to some cool places too. Always look forward to those vids and now he bought his wife a JLR.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Im no professional but heres a link to our trip on the Rubicon