Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know the name of the place we are staying, because the little Mrs booked it, but it's in Pidgeon Forge. The convention only goes to 5pm, so I wonder if there will be any night time trail rides? This vacation will be my first chance at some real offroading. Along with everything else, it's an illegal activity in New York.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Make me an offer I cannot refuse on your 2” lift with 9000 adjustable shocks for my 2022 JLR!
1660659658208.gif
I got a deal on a 3 1/2" lift with the adjustable 9000's from a guy here that I couldn't refuse...now I'm that guy riding around with a 4 inch lift on 33's :CWL:

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I don't know the name of the place we are staying, because the little Mrs booked it, but it's in Pidgeon Forge. The convention only goes to 5pm, so I wonder if there will be any night time trail rides? This vacation will be my first chance at some real offroading. Along with everything else, it's an illegal activity in New York.
I'm going to see about hitting Wind Rock while we're there, depends on the wife and kid. I just hope the weather is cooperative.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If you're on facebook, they'll post some events up there. At least last year they had a charity trail on some land in town (small but they did a good job with it). There's probably a Sunday Cade's Cove run.

Windrock is a couple hours away, and I'm sure they'll have a presence again this year. The place is huge, has a variety of trail difficulty, and is home to 3 badges.

The event is MASSIVE, and the name is no joke. There are tons of vendors and Jeeps in town.

If it happens again this year, there's a daily tailgate style after party behind the Quaker Steak and Lube.

EDIT: @Headbarcode, looking at your route, if you have time and it is in daylight on your travel days, you may want to consider jumping on the Blue Ridge Parkway or MABDR for part of your route.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to see about hitting Wind Rock while we're there, depends on the wife and kid. I just hope the weather is cooperative.
Windrock is a must! After the Invasion we're heading to Greenville SC, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and finally Nashville before heading home. Our stay in Knoxville will be longer than the other locations, so that is when I plan on making my escape to Windrock.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Windrock is a must! After the Invasion we're heading to Greenville SC, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and finally Nashville before heading home. Our stay in Knoxville will be longer than the other locations, so that is when I plan on making my escape to Windrock.
Another Badge, Gulches is just south of Geenville, it's smaller so you could probably do a half day and be satisfied you saw it all.

You could spend a whole week at Windrock.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
If I don't get to go there this trip, we're going back down there for Christmas. We go down there a couple times a year. Now that I have my Jeep I'm going to have to add another trip. We usually go in June when my son gets out of school and again around Thanksgiving. The wife said she wants to do Christmas down there this year.

I'm trying to work out a meet to buy some skid plates from a guy in Chattanooga while I'm there. I hope he's coming up to the invasion.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're on facebook, they'll post some events up there. At least last year they had a charity trail on some land in town (small but they did a good job with it). There's probably a Sunday Cade's Cove run.

Windrock is a couple hours away, and I'm sure they'll have a presence again this year. The place is huge, has a variety of trail difficulty, and is home to 3 badges.

The event is MASSIVE, and the name is no joke. There are tons of vendors and Jeeps in town.

If it happens again this year, there's a daily tailgate style after party behind the Quaker Steak and Lube.

EDIT: @Headbarcode, looking at your route, if you have time and it is in daylight on your travel days, you may want to consider jumping on the Blue Ridge Parkway or MABDR for part of your route.
Thanks for both the heads up and the insight!

Jeep Wrangler JL Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion Pigeon Forge, TN tumblr_b65fb17de3832102878687d9eb482098_372b0782_500

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Headbarcode, if you're going back up I-81 there is a BoH trail in VA not far off the interstate you can hit as well. It's an easy trail but it will get you off-road. It's Peter's Mill Run Trail. Only takes about 2 hours to run.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Headbarcode, if you're going back up I-81 there is a BoH trail in VA not far off the interstate you can hit as well. It's an easy trail but it will get you off-road. It's Peter's Mill Run Trail. Only takes about 2 hours to run.
Tennessee is about a 12-14 hour drive from my stomping ground. I could drive straight through if I had to, but I don't want to, so we are actually stopping at a midway point that happens to be in Virginia. It'll give us a chance to have a couple of nice meals, along with a bed and shower, so we can hit Tennessee not as road weary. I may have to get conveniently "lost" on our way back north. :bandit:

Thanks for the mention, buddy! :like:

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Ugh. Gonna miss it by 1 week... Will be in Pigeon Forge this weekend. Was planning to make the trip up there next weekend but friends planned a rafting trip for Jeep Invasion weekend. So, maybe next year..

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I'm going again this year, it's a pretty cool event and crazy crowded as mentioned. Never seen so many Jeeps in one place and there is definitely a lot to do in the evenings.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I will be there with the Jeep. We've been planning a vacation to Tennessee for a few months now. Found out about the Invasion more recently, so we tweaked our plans to include this event. I reserved a parking spot in the show and shine lot for all 3 days, but not sure how late into Thursday we will arrive.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible, in the real world. :rock:
go say hi to Max and John at the rock jock booth

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
go say hi to Max and John at the rock jock booth
Did I miss something? I'm not spending as much time here as of late. Firearms have regained most of my attention.

I could use a longer set of rear sway links after increasing my ride height. Was actually planning on scoring a set during the Invasion.
Sponsored