Sponsored

Great sketch predicting 2018 Wrangler JL

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
This is a great sketch from Allpar member Ruptured Duck:

OK... took some time and looked at the latest spy images. Here is my take on the JL 2dr based on what little we can get from the pictures. In this drawing I deleted the grille mounted marker/turn signals and went back to only the flare mounted marker/DRL/turn signal from last year. It appears that we have amber below the white LED. So my guess is white DRL's with amber turn/markers under them. When turning the amber remains flashing and the DRL's will go out. The hood vent and the bumpers are the crappy part of the drawing. I see a bulge in a lot of the spy shots and think it may be related to either the 4cyl turbo or the diesel (intercooler vent?). The bumpers do appear to have the fog lights moved to the outside and also appear to have the export design that meets up to the flares. Grille has break at 2/3rds the way up and we see the nod to the CJ's both in a possible hood bulge and the recesses on either side of the headlights (into the slots). I believe we will see the "Jeep" removed from the grille and I really hope placed on the side fender where it should be. One would hope stamped but not going to be picky at this point. Please , those that are in the know, let us know if we are anywhere near the evolution design of the next Wrangler..
JL-Wrangler-Sketch.jpg
Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
That's some skill, amazing sketch. The hood vent especially that large of one would be surprising to see. Not like the 4 banger really needs it. It does look extra aggressive with it though.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I like it!

Doyles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Wrangler
I like it!
Ya loving the look with the hood vent. Good way of adding some splash to the basic Wrangler look without losing its overall look. There's also a sketch out there where there's a vent looking thing after the front fenders. That looked good too.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Ya loving the look with the hood vent. Good way of adding some splash to the basic Wrangler look without losing its overall look. There's also a sketch out there where there's a vent looking thing after the front fenders. That looked good too.
So link the sketch! C'mon man! ;o)

Sponsored

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Not sure I like the hood vent. Looks out of place like the hood came off a Dodge Charger. The fender vent I like though.

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
What functional purpose would the fender vent really serve on a Jeep Wrangler?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
No functional purpose, but if the nose of the JL is indeed extended, the ID guys will want to break up a long, flat surface with something sporty.

My hope is that the extended nose helps bring the weight of the engine back behind the front axle to give better balance between front and rear.

My guess, however, is that the extension has more to do with crash rating.

Can't wait for the reveal!! (Slated for the Detriot auto show)

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Fender vents like that on cars help air flow as air get trapped in the wheel well and reduces aero dynamics. But do this on the wrangler it could help with fuel economy, as well as cooling for the motor and brakes as it pulls the air out from the wheels wells